My only wish is for patches to be incremental, introducing small changes to the balance. With this in mind, here is feedback with some suggestions:
- Arcane Tower – Increase Feedback +Summon damage from 20 to 25.
Not sure, if it is a right direction to buff towers for HU.
Possible alternative: give peasants +1 armor.
This way, they have 6% more effective hp, which will help them to survive one more attack from a skellie or a wolf. Note that this change doesn’t make militia stronger (which is good).
Please consider improving the complicated mechanics of priest dispel (maybe prioritizing dispel command over auto-casted heal) since you’ve improved destroyers’ dispel. Reducing spell breakers armor from 3 to 2 will be good for HU vs ORC and HU mirror.
- Blademaster – Mirror Image mana cost decreased from 100 to 80.
Good change for the Orc vs NE match up.
- War Stomp stun duration against heroes reduced from 2/3/4 to 1.5/2/2.5 seconds.
A huge nerf for TC. A gradual, more welcomed change would be 2/2.5/3 sec per level. There is no need to nerf TC’s Level 1 stomp.
Please consider a change to healing salve. Make the effect of the healing salve to dispel if the target is attacked by an ability that does more than 20 damage. (At the moment it is at least 20 damage). This minor change will allow to heal orc units caught inside level 2 entangle when KOTG harasses the base. Another possible change would be to reduce the duration of the Entangled Roots from 9/18/30 on units to 9/17/25 or even 8/16/24.
- Spirit Tower / Nerubian Tower – Repair rate increased from 35 to 60.
Orc burrows have repair rate equal to 50. Maybe we should increase repair rate from 35 to 50 to begin with. It will be really hard for UD to repair ziggurats against tanks.
- Destroyer – Destroyer cast point time reduced from 0.83 to 0.5.
- Crypt Lord – Burrow ability for Carrion Beetle levels 2 and 3 require the Burrow upgrade.
The Burrow upgrade, when you select the icon, does not mention beetles. It says “Crypt Fiends gain the ability to burrow …” Please fix that.
This is a Tier 2 upgrade, available only in the mid-game. Please extend burrow to Level 1 beetles as well, like Nature’s Blessing applies to treants. What if a player gets Cryptlord as a second or third hero and wants to use Level 1 beetles for map control?
- Death Knight – Unholy Aura level 2 movement speed reduced from 20% to 15%.
Controversial change. But 10/15/30 doesn’t look good at all, maybe 10/17.5/25 or 10/15/25? Should Endurance Aura’s movement speed match it as well?
- Wisp – Mana drained on detonate reduced from 50 to 25.
The most radical change in the patch. Disagree with the change. Maybe we should not touch wisps at all, because it will affect all the match-ups.
Possible alternative: reduce the radius of detonation from 300 to 275. Players who split units in fight will have a better chance to reduce the effect of mass wisp detonation. Single wisp detonation will (almost) remain effective as before.
- Druid of the Claw (Bear Form) – base damage increased from 24 to 25.
Good change. Consider also improving bears’ mana pool, mana regeneration and mana usage.
- Chimaera – Friendly Fire removed.
Won’t affect much 1vs1 gameplay, but it is a big deal for FFA.
- Helm of Valor, Medallion of Courage, Hood of Cunning – stat increase changed from +4 to +5 for each stat provided.
Quite a strong change. Maybe 6-3 split would be a better change to begin with.
- Claws of Attack +6 – replaced with Claws of Attack +5.
The best item on this level will still be the Circlet of Nobility. A better change will be simply to increase the cost of the other Level 2 items from 125 to 150. The cost of Periapt of Vitality could be also decreased from 325 to 300.