PTR 1.32.10 changes to aura items

It looks like proposed aura items changes aim to reduce the variance from the impact of such items. However, the idea to differentiate aura items from heroes’ level 1 auras to me isn’t appealing too much.

If we still go for lowering aura’s item stats, maybe we can slightly lower corresponding stats for heroes’ abilities as well and keep them matched? For example, for level 5 items (assume item aura would match hero’s aura), we can have:

Archmage. Change Brilliance aura to to 0.6/1.2/1.8 per second (possibly compensate with +1 strength against hero focus)

Death Knight. Change Unholy aura to provide 8/16/24 % movement speed with 0.5/1/1.5 hp regen.

Tauren Chieftain. Change Endurance aura to provide 8/16/24 % movement speed with 5/10/15 attack speed.

Kodo. War drums could provide 8/20 % damage for the army.

Not sure if Level 4 items should be nerfed, because they can be partially neutralized with attack/armor upgrades. Finally, I believe reselling value 75% is too high, I’d say at most 60% is ok … Items that have been already regularly sold now will be sold right away to get economy boost (especially selling tp).

1 Like

I was first who want to nerf DK and TC auras bonus speed not only just for this heroes but also becouse implication with items.
20% Vampiric is ok for ud army, but I think that in this case only item should be nerfed becouse of value that it gives for orc and in bears mirror.
Potm aura and item is ok.
Pala aura should be about 1.75. Why? Becouse this value almost match +10% effective hp.
+10% from warsong battle drums imo is also ok. Bonus speed and micro potential is much more important in this game than pure bonus dmg.

I agree with 60-65% resell value but only for permanent items.
Can’t accept even 60% resell value for TP or consumable items that can be found on the map. I think that consumables are well balanced.

On the second thought, I think changes to aura items are justified. These changes actually will help reduce “item luck” complains from pro-players.

The higher resell % is also aimed to deal with the “item luck” issue. However, it has a downside – it will increase the list of items to be sold right away. If we want players to keep items and have a balanced game, we need not only nerf good items, but buff the weaker ones too. Such change will motivate players to keep items and find ways to use them rather than sell. For example:

Cloak of Shadows. (weakest L1 permanent) Could grant additional +5 or +10 movement speed to a hero.

Crystal Ball. (weakest L3 permanent) Could grant +10% attack speed to a hero. This change can be added to Far Sight ability (say +10/20/30% per level).

Periapt of Vitality. I believe decreasing its cost from 325 to 300, would make players less often sell it.

Ring of Protection +4. Could be removed from the game to increase the value of rings +3. It can be replaced by Rune Bracers with 25% or 30% dmg reduction (moved from Level 4 to Level 3 tier).

GL HF!

Just change Ring+4 to Ring+5.
And remove old Ring +5 from drops.

Nice joke. Its already best drop in many situations.

Also I noticed orcs/orc-fans never see how Lighting Shield item drop is game breaking for every race against humans (human mirror included).

Fair comments. Cloak situationally could be very helpful. And indeed on some maps Level 2 charged (lightning shield or sometimes wand of illusions) could give a decent advantage. This issue can be fixed by map makers, but they don’t have any power. It would be nice if the balance team would include maps in their list of things to address and be in contact with MMC discord community on that.

If brillance keeps getting nerfed (not sure it needs more nerf), you should make water elementals cheaper in mana. They are way too expensive (compare it for example with bear, wolves or beattles). It is compensated with brillance. But if brillance is nerfed cause is too good, water elementals mana cost should be reduced.