PTR 1.30.2 Updated

Greetings Raiders, Tinkerers, Harbingers, and Wardens,

We continue to roll improvements to the PTR. Please join us in testing the experience.

Please reinstall PTR if you do not have 10609:
https://www.battle.net/download/getInstallerForGame?os=win&locale=enUS&version=PTR&gameProgram=WARCRAFT_3

SPECIFIC CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS

• Added kick and ban to player menu
  • Limited color menu to selectable colors
  • For arranged forces, changing player color will change player slot in game list
  • Host player will have ‘*’ next to name
  • Player latency is shown on right side of player list
  • Improved peer-to-peer map transfer to not lag host or client and have much faster download speed
  • Game lobby is hosted in the cloud in closest supported data center to host
  • Host is able to leave game without game ending
  • PTR servers in EU

BUG FIXES

• Game will no longer slowdown/crash after running for hours
  • Jass Mouse Event IDs reverted to pre-1.30.2 order
  • Custom game list filter now works with spaces
  • Cloud Downloads no longer crawl at Tortuga speed

KNOWN ISSUES

• Ban option in player menu only kicks the player (use ban chat command for now)
  • The glaive thrower damage isn’t applied to the Vorpal Blades upgrade

HOST COMMANDS

• !ban [name|slot]
  • !unban [name|slot]
  • !closeall
  • !openall
  • !hold [name]
  • !holds [name] [slot]
  • !swap [x] [y]
  • !abort
  • !kick [name|slot]

Player Commands:

• !mute [name|slot]
  • !unmute [name|slot]

Edit: A server hot fix has been deployed to fix the two reported crashes.

BALANCE CHANGES

Hero Balance Changes

Archmage
Brilliance Aura

• Level 3 mana regeneration increased from 1.75 to 2.00 per second

Blood Mage
Flamestrike

• Reduced casting delay from 1.33 to .9 on all levels

Keeper of the Grove
Force of Nature

• Treant damage reduced from 16 to 15

Entangling Roots

• Level 2: Duration reduced from 5 to 4 seconds
  • Level 3: Duration reduced from 7 to 6 seconds

Warden
Base Stats

• +1 Intelligence

Pit Lord
Base Stats

• +1 Agility

Human Balance Changes

Priest
Base Stats

• Mana regeneration increased from .67 to .72

Spell Breaker
Tech Tree

• Control Magic now requires Keep instead of Castle

Control Magic

• Control Magic mana requirement reduced from 45% of enemy HP to 35% of enemy HP

Cannon Tower
Base Stats

• Build time reduced from 75 to 65

• Gold cost reduced from 200 to 150

Night Elf Balance Changes

Huntress
Base Stats

• Decreased base damage from 16 to 15 (17-19 to 16-18)

Sentinel

• Is an upgrade again. 100/100 cost, 20 second research, on Ancient of War, requires Hunters Hall, no longer requires Tree of Ages
  • Duration increased from 3 minutes to 5 minutes

Druid of the Talon
Base Stats

• Gold cost reduced from 150 to 145

Glaive Thrower
Base Stats

• Base damage decreased from 50 to 44

Orc Balance Changes

Tauren Totem
Base Stats

• HP reduced from 1200 to 900

Undead Balance Changes

Acolyte
Base Stats

• Movement speed reduced from 250 to 235

Items

Wand of Lightning Shield

• Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds
  • This reduces total damage from 400 to 200
30 Likes

Hi, this is good, I like this :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Good changes, the game continuing even if host leaves is great news for custom game players!

Also is it me or does the Orc Balance Changes say “Orc Elf”?

5 Likes

Please extend the War3StatsObserverSharedMemory API to put out data about the player even if he is not an observer. It does not need data about the opponent in that case. The player data would allow to enrich streams by interesting information.

3 Likes

I think increasing mana regen on human casters rather than on bril aura would promote other heroes more, but i guess lvl3 bril aura is rare enough.

Flamestrike buff seems dangerous. The bloodmage is a wacky hero, he can be pretty average or a massively strong hero and damage pump, especially in teamgames, I’m not sure what to think of making flamestrike cast 50% faster.

Everything else seems good, +1 agi on pitlord seems like a wacky buff for a strength hero, I’m curious if control magic will turn out being more ridiculous vs summons than dispel already is. It can actually steal any summon except level 3 water elemental and bears now, not sure how great gameplay that is.

3 Likes

Cool changes. Can’t wait for it on live.

2 Likes

Why arent you addressing the desync issue? You should’ve hotfixed it the very second it was brought to your attention and every patch that doesnt fix it is unacceptable

6 Likes

Damn the acco speed buff was nice it really helped undeads. Since undead is always being eco lamed. But overall nice patch

5 Likes

Same as with the last iteration: cannot install it on my Linux with wine-staging 3-20 (non-ptr version works, although lagging hard when many units [>1000] are present ingame (= not on screen) since the removal of opengl).

“We’re having trouble launching Battle_net Update Agent. Please wait one minute and try again. […]” BLZBNTBTS0000005C

4 Likes

Dear devs, please do something about UD strategic viability at tiers 1 and 2, namely Ghouls, Gargs and Meat Wagons. It’s an amazing oversight that the devs don’t see a problem with a race playing the same exact strategy every single game in a “strategy” game. UD relies on Fiends because it’s the only viable build they have. It’s a huge problem if a race only has one path it can take. Please devs, watch actual games, especially pro games and see how many games use Fiends and how many use Ghouls, Gargs or Meat Wagons. You’ve buffed tier 1 and 2 units for the other races (Headhunters, Huntresses, Riflemen), now be fair and do the same for UD so we can do something other than Fiends. Thank you.

13 Likes

This is so cool guys, thanks for the update! :smiley:

Took a quick peek and found a few minor things:

1. When not all arguments are specified (e.g. !swap 1, !kick, !hold etc.) the lobby crashes
  2. When swapping with a “Reserved” slot the lobby crashes

Will try to play games tomorrow after school!

1 Like

Sentinel should prolly cost 50/50 and I still think that level 3+ is not the issue for Keeper but especially level 1 Entangle, since this pretty much guarantees a unit kill (maybe just increase the cooldown so a unit can really walk away??), but these changes look decent overall.

4 Likes

Keeper and hunts need to get nerfed more, every game of 4v4 is just filled with keeper hunts

1 Like

Really nice changes, and I’m noticing the blizz forums look better too! Thanks for all the love and good luck with reforged! Your community is going to help you in making sure it’s a huge success!!!

1 Like

Hi Classic Pete,

Thanks for the update. As 1.30.2 will require some major transition on our end, it would be great to get answers to following questions:

• Will we be able to select the specific server region (or maybe even city) in 1.30.2?
  • Will the Battle . net ladder be crossrealm anytime soon?
  • Will 1.30.2 come with a ladder reset?

Thank you in advance
HighTac
FFAmasters . com

5 Likes

Why isn’t bug with 3d sounds becoming: muted/very quiet/cutted listed here as known issue? Last time when ptr was on I checked it and it was still bugged (this bug is an issue since 2-3 patches at least). Do you guys at least intend to fix it one day?
Cheers.

5 Likes

Spell Breakers desperately need to be nerfed. Their stats are way too good, and they shut down all potential enemy casters. Breakers should be a niche pick, not OP dominate all situations units.

I think spell immunity is too good in this game in general. Dryads, MGs, and Breakers have too good of stats for having spell immunity. I get that casters were OP in ROC, but aren’t there better ways of dealing with that than having them automatically shut down every game unless you have breakers with you?

3 Likes

Footman needs to reflect magic not pierce :slight_smile: Im in favor of this ‘retcon’ :smiley: tanky footman. Im biased, I played humie warrior tank even in pvp where I was mostly frowned upon. Charge on foot … anyway, I think thematically it could work, that defend should reduce pierce damage but not reflect it because its not all bulelts flying around. Footman is a weak unit just like most basic ones. I would really like if footman reflected some of direct magic damage. He takes like 2x from it anyway and would make at least a bit of payback dmg on stuff like gryphon, frostwyrm , chimera … even if the chance is rather symbolic, I think it is worth to consider.

as for gameplay consider few things from SC

-build timer, show seconds to build, number.
-attack speed like 0,86. Or DPS
-game clock to easier check build times, orders.
-guide where it shows exact percentages, bonuses and reductions of armor types. Or maybe tooltips when you mouse over damage, something like a tech tree and put exact numbers there if too much info is to be displayed.

• unit armor when moused over, should sdhow current movement speed.
5 Likes

Hello… Just a quick drop of an idea to get the huntress in controll again:

Huntress without upgrades can attack only one target per attack.
Moon Glaive upgrade has two levels now.
Level 1 on T2 gives them there double attack back, and level 2 on T3 gives them there tripple attack.

Right now, Night Elves are able to do everything they want on T1, teching, expanding and apply pressure at the same time. Taking away there double attack and splitting the upgrade, would decrease there tempo play on T1 for now, I think.

1 Like