PTR 1.30.2 Updated

Spell Breakers desperately need to be nerfed. Their stats are way too good, and they shut down all potential enemy casters. Breakers should be a niche pick, not OP dominate all situations units.

I think spell immunity is too good in this game in general. Dryads, MGs, and Breakers have too good of stats for having spell immunity. I get that casters were OP in ROC, but aren’t there better ways of dealing with that than having them automatically shut down every game unless you have breakers with you?

3 Likes

Footman needs to reflect magic not pierce :slight_smile: Im in favor of this ‘retcon’ :smiley: tanky footman. Im biased, I played humie warrior tank even in pvp where I was mostly frowned upon. Charge on foot … anyway, I think thematically it could work, that defend should reduce pierce damage but not reflect it because its not all bulelts flying around. Footman is a weak unit just like most basic ones. I would really like if footman reflected some of direct magic damage. He takes like 2x from it anyway and would make at least a bit of payback dmg on stuff like gryphon, frostwyrm , chimera … even if the chance is rather symbolic, I think it is worth to consider.

as for gameplay consider few things from SC

-build timer, show seconds to build, number.
-attack speed like 0,86. Or DPS
-game clock to easier check build times, orders.
-guide where it shows exact percentages, bonuses and reductions of armor types. Or maybe tooltips when you mouse over damage, something like a tech tree and put exact numbers there if too much info is to be displayed.

• unit armor when moused over, should sdhow current movement speed.
5 Likes

Hello… Just a quick drop of an idea to get the huntress in controll again:

Huntress without upgrades can attack only one target per attack.
Moon Glaive upgrade has two levels now.
Level 1 on T2 gives them there double attack back, and level 2 on T3 gives them there tripple attack.

Right now, Night Elves are able to do everything they want on T1, teching, expanding and apply pressure at the same time. Taking away there double attack and splitting the upgrade, would decrease there tempo play on T1 for now, I think.

1 Like

The nerfs to Glaives and Hunts were a bit unwarranted. Glaives just needed the vorpal blades bug fixed, and 100/100 is too much for sentinel. Archers were every bit, if not more, powerful than hunts. Keeper and Alchemist are the biggest problem, specifically acid bomb and the mana cost on entangle and treants being too low.

3 Likes

I want to report a bug about Orb Effect based abilities. They get clickable instead of being passive once your Hero dies.

Thanks for the feedback and testing the PTR. Ill add that to our bug list.

4 Likes

Tauren Totem HP reduced from 1200 to 900

excuse me like what the hell?! :smiley: So we’re back at the “I run into your base and kill your T2 buildings haha that’s so much fun” again.

Level 3 mana regeneration increased from 1.75 to 2.00 per second

this change seems so random to me. who in this world ever complained about Level 3 Brilliance Aura being too weak now? How often do we see this anyway, like in 0.01% of all games?

At the same time they did not nerf Entangle Level 1… I’ll never understand these Blizzard guys.

5 Likes

We still miss changing lobby name after creation feature that hostbots provided.

1 Like

this are my favorite changes <3

1 Like

It’s the new race for Reforged everybody is clamoring for.

Jesus nice all these bot features being added is great!

1 Like

Dear blizzard team,

Thank you for the new balance changes. Most of them are good, but some of them are questionable. Therefore, I offer some advice with regard to competitive 1v1 play.

• The Archmage buff is decent as it increases his late game value a bit. However, the problem with the human race is that they pick archmage as the first hero more than 90% of the time. The reason for this is that brilliance aura gives so much value to the second and third human hero, that playing anything other than archmage first, most of the time makes no sense. Therefore, good changes that would incentivize the use of other human heroes are:
  1. Reduce brilliance aura to 0.6/1.2/1.8.
  2. Increase archmage intelligence by 1.
  3. Increase mountain king intelligence by 1.
  4. Increase thunder clap cooldown from 6s to 8s.
  5. Increase bash damage from 25 to 40 to make MK less mana dependant.
  6. Increase paladin intelligence and strength by 1.
  7. Increase devotion aura to 2/3.5/5.
  8. Bloodmage flame strike cost from 135 to 125.
  9. Bloodmage banish cost from 75/60/50 to 70/60/50.
  10. Siphon mana and heal spray has to work on paladin with divine shield.
  11. Sorceress mana regen from 0.67 to 0.72.
  12. Sorceress polymorph mana cost from 220 to 175.
  • Additional human problems concern their tech tree which makes units such as knights and gryphons underused. My suggestions would be to:
  1. Remove lumber mill requirement for knights.
  2. Reduce animal war training cost from 125/175 to 125/125.
    Also, defend became too weak and noone uses it, so a reduced cost and research time would be good.
  • The problem with the keeper of the grove is that he gives too much map control early on, paralyzing other races in the early game. Therefore, my suggestion would be to reduce entangling roots range from 800/800/800 to 600/700/800.

• Warden is good only at level3 and higher. One of her weaknesses is the damage cap on level 1 fan of knives which is 300 or 4 units. My suggestion would be to increase this to 375.

• Priestess of the moon is underused and my proposed buff would be searing arrows damage from 10/20/30 to 12/24/36.

• Demon hunter mana burn is too strong at level2 and 3 due to the lower cooldown, so may suggestion would be to keep it at 7 seconds at all levels.

• Demon hunter’s immolation is rarely used at level 1 for defending a ghoul or footman rush, or harrasing human expansions. At level 2 and 3, immolation is never used. Therefore, my suggestion would be to increase immolation damage from 10/15/20 to 10/18/26.

• Huntress sentinel is way too expensive now, i suggest make it cost 50/25.
    As for other elf units, fix the hippogryph rider HP because it is 5 HP lower than what it should be due to a previous patch that buffed archer HP from 240 to 245.

• Far seer is still a bit too weak to compete with the blademaster for the first hero pick, therefore, i suggest decreasing chain lightning mana cost from 120 to 110.

• Shadow hunter is probably the best hero in the game at the moment, so i suggest reducing his intelligence by 1.

• Tauren chieftain war stomp cooldown should go from 6s to 8s. 6 second cooldown on a 5 second stun at level 3 is ridiculous and makes any ground army useless.

The problem with undead is that they pick DK as the first hero in more than 90% of the games. In order to make other heroes more viable i suggest the following:

1. Reduce dark ritual mana cost from 25 to 20.
  2. Increase dread lord strength by 1.
  3. Sleep mana cost from 80/65/50 to 70/60/50.
  4. Crypt lord intelligence +1.
  5. Impale has to affect webbed air units.
  6. Spiked carapace damage return is too weak, so it should go from 15/25/35 to 25/35/45.
  7. Carrion beetles need a lot more HP, even it if means reducing the number of beetles to 4 or 3. Otherwise they just get dispelled and are useless. If you intend to keep carrion beetles and skeletons so vulnerable to dispel, at least reduce the experience rewarded for killing them.
  • Also, undead need more strategic options, so i would suggest:
  1. Ghoul HP from 340 to 375.
  2. Ghoul cost from 120 to 125.
  3. Cannibalize is very situational and most players avoid getting it. Therefore i suggest reduce research time to 20s.
  4. Gargoyle cost from 185/40 to 175/35.
  5. Stone from should be at tier2.
  6. Meat wagon exhume corpses is upgraded automatically.
  7. Obsidian statues are too vulnerable, so give them back 50 HP.
  • If you want necromancers to work, reduce damage on all AOE dispels or increase skeleton HP.
  • Also, undead tech tree is too restricted, so remove graveyard requirement for temple of the damned and sacrifical pit requirement for boneyard.
  • Sacrifical skull is also too weak, so give it 2 charges.

When it comes to items, periapt of vitality is too expensive, while crystal ball is useless and should be move to a lower level creep camp or removed from 1v1 ladder maps. If you want more diversity, reduce tome of retraining cost from 300 to 250. As for people complaining about the blademaster, they are being too cheap on the dust of appearance, so reduce its cost from 75 to 50.

5 Likes

UD are still the weakest race of these 4 aren’t they?

2 Likes

Human needs something to promote a first hero other than AM. A slight buff to MK and revert the militia timer nerf would be a great start in the right direction.

The biggest problem with human is that you can’t creep with any hero other than AM in the early game. This is similar to the same problem UD has in requiring DK first in most games. Blizzard has taken steps to try and open up additional hero options for UD, but not Human.

Please consider some of these changes (not all of them combined): MK armor increase +1, MK buff to bash occurrence percentage, MK +1 agility and +1 intel, revert latest bolt damage nerf.

Human fire orb really needs some love. Please consider reducing its costs, or increasing its splash (by a lot), or add a burn damage effect over time. I have never seen fire orb purchased even one time in a professional tournament game. I’ve never had a teammate purchase the fire orb out of my shop - not once. That should tell you something about it.

4 Likes

That seems a bit excessive… With that much mana generation one might as well make her abilities cost no mana and remove her mana.

1 Like

Is AT still used only when portforwarding or its been addresses to work without it?

1 Like

It appears from the editor values that the Paladin Devotion Aura has been buffed from 1.5/3/4.5 to 2/3.5/5. But it is not mentioned in the patch notes?

3 Likes

I meant from 0.67 to 0.72. *typo

YES! Selama ashal’anore confirmed!

Please, correct this one. It should be AN upgrade.

1 Like

As for the pit lord change, something needs to be done about howl of terror and rain of fire.
Howl of terror is easily countered by dispel, so decreasing its mana cost and cooldown would help you use it more often and would make it better.
Rain of fire needs to be less mana cost, less waves and more damage per wave, or give it 100% damage to buildings.

Also the firelord is too weak at the moment, a buff to soul burn and incinerate would be nice.

1 Like