Proposal to nerf humans, 4s is not fun anymore

All the buffs to humans has ruined the last bit of fun in 4vs4. They were already the unrivaled godly race in 4s, but these balance changes has made 4vs4 a human sh1t show.

Humans now gets flak cannons at tier 2, so going air units is not allowed anymore if you are playing against humans. So we all now have to make sh1tty melee units all game. Wheres the fun in that?

Tanks, an already extremely overpowered unit has been buffed. On top of that, most of the new maps in the new map pool are tailored for humans, with lots of easily accessible fast expansions.

When is it going to stop? Why the fck are you guys deliberately searching for as many advantages for human players as possible?

Why can we NOT play the race that we want and have fun? Its either pick humans if you want to win, or get sh1t stomped by humans.

Perhaps some of us does not find it fun to play as humans, did the developers ever think of that?

4 Likes

Brilliance Aura should have stayed as 0.75/1.50/2.25 MP Regen like in the past instead of 2.00 at Level 3.

The Siege Engine buff seems to be good being 4 food instead of 3.

Flak Cannons at tier 2? Umm, I think they pretty much need it against Hippogryphs versus Night Elf players because Flying Machines blows without extra income from an expansion or two. But having the Flak Cannons upgrade earlier make this more fair against Hippogryphs, and can rely on primary Gold Mine income that much more if for some reason an expansion cannot be gotten, so this is also a good idea.

Then again, I may not know fully what I am talking about here since I haven’t played Ladder for over 8 months probably now since Blizzard bugged up the right click function usage on the Mac keyboard…

The thing is, tanks should not had been buffed in the first place, they were already overpowered. Literally nobody were complaining that they were underpowered and needed a buff.

Flak Cannons at tier 2 basically means that its now strictly forbidden to go air units early in the game.

We are not allowed to go air units later in the game either because human gets tanks (made from the same building as copters) which effectively kills the best strategies for all the 3 other races in the game.

Some of these buffs to humans has completely messed up the balance in 4s. Human was already the best race for 4s in the game.

Says the guy who told me I cry so much.

You literally need like 2 bats to kill 100 food gyro. Not going to lie though, flak cannons aoe should be capped. So should bat splash…
Tanks are stupid and they really shouldve gotten a price increase on top of the food increase, no argument against that.

I don’t think human is that great though, they are probably mid tier actualy.

2 Likes

You cant always expect to have an orc player making bats in all your games.

Are you joking? The entire map pool is tailor made for humans. Grab a fast, easy expansion, spam copters with flak cannons to rule out your opponents air army right from the beginning. Go tanks late game to win the game regardless. Its the same sh1t in 8/10 games. Its not fun anymore.

2 Likes

Humanity is rising again!

2 Likes

Wc3 is being turned more into a pokemon fight than an rts game. COPTERS SUPER EFFECTIVE AGAINST FLYING POKEMON. U WIN.

But yeah, there is a whole lot more wrong with updated maps than just being human friendly.

2 Likes

Yes i know. I hate the LV maps as well.

1 Like

Whether you like it or not, 4vs4 is the most popular gamemode in warcraft 3. We who bought the game to play 4s paid the same amount as you, why shouldnt we be able to enjoy the game and have fun?

Its not fun currently with all these buffs to humans plus a map pool that also favors humans.

3 Likes

While balance should be mainly focused in solo, there are several things that are overpowered in team games that aren’t relevant in solo. Why couldn’t you cap gyro splash damage to a few units so that it doesnt affect solo but it prevents gyros from splashing on 4 armies of air units? Why can’t you cap batrider aoe damage to 5-6 units max? This would go a long way in making 4v4 better and it wouldnt affect solo at all.

As for tanks, i think the unit just deserves to die, it really doesn’t fit wc3. It’s not too bad as an antiair unit since it’s got weak damage and its tough to kill, but it shouldnt be as good as it is against buildings. They really need a cost increase.

4 Likes

This is the most reasonable thing you have said on this forum. I completely agree.

3 Likes

Basically, tanks needs a nerf, copters needs a nerf and LV maps needs to be looked into. Thats what im saying. I dont think is unreasonable given how overpowered human is for 4vs4.

2 Likes

If anything anti-air needs to be stronger. Going full air shouldn’t be as viable as it is today.

Going air isnt viable today if you are playing against a human. If you buff their anti air units even more, you might as well remove air units entirely from the game.

1 Like

Since tanks are fortified armor, their armor upgrade should be through the lumber bill (not blacksmith). That way Humans cannot easily switch to Copters if tanks are not doing so hot and vice versa.

The amount of air units that tanks can target/attack should be dropped from 9 to something less (maybe 6). 9 is a ridiculous amount of targets for one unit. Even heroes can’t target that much unless it’s an ultimate.

Flank Cannons should have stayed as a tier 3 upgrade.

But the bigger issue is that people just want to tech air in 4s. Yes, Humans got some AA buffs. But as the days go by, there’s less rushing/harassing/scouting in 4s. And more teching/fast expo/air tech. You play 4s, you just know the other team will go air. A few years ago, you’d expect to fight against a balanced army of melee, air, and range so going tanks/copters was not wise unless you knew the enemy was all getting air. Now, it makes perfect sense to just go tanks/copters. The enemy will get air.

please nerf humans
20chars

2 Likes