Probable development of DOTA 3

What if Blizzard and Valve team up?
Would they release DOTA 3?

No, just no.

1 Like

Not likely given that Blizzard was never involved with the creation of DotA and has abandoned their own MOBA project HotS.

4 Likes

Well, given the progressive downfall of DotA it wouldn’t even surprise me^^

Would you say Hots is less abandoned then Sc2 and War3R ? just curious.
i still think Hots might get some new content and heros, its slowly grooving to Sc2 stage though, where the devs will feel its “complete”.

1 Like

HotS seems to have a “few” people on it. But new content delivery as far as heroes or hero reworks go is pretty much down to what a single person could do. I am not even sure if new skins are actually new, or if they were prepared long ago and are just being released slowly. No new heroes for ages, although I do have hopes for Baal around the time of Diablo II Resurrected release.

Both Warcraft III Reforged and StarCraft II are pretty much dead ATM. I suspect Warcraft III Reforged will be revisited at some stage, even if just to finish off some of the removed features like ladder and custom campaigns so people cannot complain (finished product) but StarCraft II seems very much EoL as far as development work goes.

3 Likes

I see, even though i’m not a Hots player i kind of wish the best for its community. stranded and abandoned old Blizzard game players with no next of kin xD looks like a hardy future for everyone.

1 Like

hots is not “dead” but its not “alive” either, is a secondary product for blizzard atm if you ask me, which isnt a big surprise tbh