Possible Reasons Why Blizzard Has Shutdown Marketing of Reforged

honestly beta usually happens for game around 4-5 months prior to release.

That is why a Summer beta makes sense. But it could also be August/September potentially.

Also they probably have alot of things to remaster with a game with files as big as WC3.

They must be focused on development right now. That is why there has been no response for awhile.

Honestly though considering there is around 7 months to the legal release expectation we are acting like idiots after 5 months of wait from BlizzCon.

3 Likes

Wc3 is less then 2 GB currently, at best after Reforged it will be 4 GB. or 5. which still isen’t much.

but this doesn’t mean there isn’t much to remaster. technically the game is coming 2 times or 3 times bigger from its original size, which still isn’t much in current date but it speaks for itself.

1 Like

Lol. Stormknight thinks WC3R is going to be 5gb

5 Likes

It’s no surprised, they got some backlash on graphics, have technical issues with thte classic game such as AT, and are still experimenting with new content etc. stuff takes a long time, I don’t think they set a reasonable timeline.

1 Like

I just want Night Elf previews PLEASE.
It’s been like six months now.

4 Likes

Most likely scenarios:

1. They need to be consistent with Diablo Immoral development. Radio silence. Obviously, they cannot post any updates on Immoral after the huge backlash last year.
  2. Development for WC3:R is going nowhere near as well as we hope.

I cant see them cancelling it I mean has blizzard ever cancelled an announced game in the last 20 years. Most likely its just marketing as you said since they no longer need as much with their blizzard launcher doing the majority of that work.

There is certainly room for concern given the long silences and structural changes at Actizzard. Fingers crossed that has not compromised the final product as those blood suckers will want their money either-way.

Stop being so skeptical. This is a gaming giant called Blizzard have more faith.

Diablo Immortal wasn’t even that bad of an announcement. Though they should have considered to to announce it at BlizzCon during a remaster session lol.

But we will likely be seeing Diablo 2 remaster next. But that might be harder than WC3 Reforged because its 2D Isometric (I believe).

Hey i mean… do you think its going to be bigger ? would not be very logical to assume its going to be like 10GB or above you know.

depends on how much will all these new models and etc increase the size.

There was a giant called Blizzard at some point.

I’m sorry but to me the quality of Blizzard content and games has went downhill.
Diablo 3 whilst enjoyable for quite a few years has been pushed to the side, Hots another game I was enjoying has also been gutted and relegated to maintenance mode. Stukov a Coop commander I was looking forward in SC2 was released in a state and to this day is not on par with the other commanders quality wise. I also played Legion which was enjoyable, but then Bfa basically wiped good things from Legion just to give the expansion a fresh start in terms of systems, don’t understand why they couldn’t keep them and then build other things on top. Yeah i’m not a happy consumer at this point, and their announced plans for the future seem to go against things i’d want to engage with.

3 Likes

Well, i haven’t been “exposed” to their newer titles apart from playing the sc2 campaign over for a few times.

just stuck with wc3… it floats my boat so. :man_shrugging:

also i tend to not spread out my dislike to play one game based on the preformence of other games made by the same company.

What do you think makes games so big in the first place? Its audio and especially video/model/graphic files. Thus 10gb or above is pretty reasonable. Unless they do some great compression shenanigans which i hope they dont and focus their time on more useful and important stuff.

Would be nice if they hired someone who’d keep the fans updated, regarding patches, reforged and the future.

Also someone who would answer topics and questions in the forums, at least somewhat.

But I guess thats too difficult of a job, considering the major mistakes with each patch.

Shortly saying “project has been cancelled” is kind impossible, after 7 months of prepurchases and the the game is still avaible to be prepurchased that means the project is still on.

It could be an epic joke from Blizzard to say that the project has been cancelled and for the prepurchasers they already have the meat wagon, Mal’ganis pet in diablo and 4 heroes in hots (which nearly 95% of hots players have them already)

Second, Blizzard shortly can’t avoid to fail for second time as they did to the mobile trash game of diablo which faild at the announcement and they didn’t cancelled (which should be the first move they need to do after the announcement) that…idk what is it and you talk about cancelling of Warcraft 3 Reforged?

They moved everyone from Reforged to vanilla Warcraft 3 to see how unplayable they can make it.

Actually it would be logical.

I’d say reforged is going to be majority art updates, and art takes up a lot of space.

HotS is about 16gb+, and it started at maybe 11gb before all the extra patches and new heroes/maps.

Counting the hundreds of creeps, the many tilesets and doodads and all the new spell effects, I think 10gb is baseline for a game like this, most of the space being used for art.

-edit- oh yeah, and updated sounds. That will take up more space too.

hmm, you’re actually starting to convince me too… :thinking:
i’m just wondering the model sizes of Reforged.

current wc3 models are anything between 10kb to 500kb (less then 1 mb)

if Reforged models are like 2 MB or 3 each then yeah i can see the size of the game increase alot.

It’s most likely going to be the size of the texture sizes. The models and animation might not take up too much size-wise, since they are pretty efficient at compression. Textures get complicated though since you need a different map for color, spec, normals, etc.

They might be a bit more efficient like using individual channels to control gloss, spec and stuff like that, but I mean even DOTA2 has two separate maps just to tackle that kind of stuff.

TBH though, even 20gb isn’t that big of a deal with today’s hard drives.

They cancelled StarCraft Ghost :slight_smile:

1 Like