Please IP/CDkey ban afkbots from east

4v4 east is under attack by bots designed specifically to ruin games
there are hundreds of accounts
you can look it up from ‘afkbot1’ to ‘afkbot100’ to ‘afkbot 231’

they are simply bots that join 4v4 games and go afk, ruining it for everyone else

1 Like

neither of those will work, unfortunately. for two reasons

1. Most Internet server providers give you a dynamic ip that changes within a certain amount of time and you can even force your modem to get a new ip yourself. Not to the hundred of other ways around an ip ban

2. when your cd key get banned its only your RoC Cd key and there are people like myself who literally have hundreds on deck. I personally use them for Chat bots and to test out new apis i written, and im sure the person/people with the afk bots has plenty spare ones

IP bans are nice hurdle to make it difficult, but even the best botters run out of cdkeys. There’s no profit in afkbotting in wc3 unlike D2 bots, they’re not even boosting accounts to sell like the old lossbotters did years ago. Run him out of cdkeys one by one and he’ll give up

It’d be nice if the WC3 accounts were directly connected to the BNet’s database. Therefore, you could such suspend the CD key for violating TOS terms. However, the question for blizzard to actually take that into consideration for WC3 is out of the question. They might do that for Reforged though, to get people too actually buy their product.

I’m a pretty active player… and I can attest 80% of the time when we play a 4v4 game, the bots, namely called “afkbot*” would join ruining the gameplay for everyone.