PLEASE, confirm about offline play

Hail to the fallen king babes

i’m willing to buy the game, but i’m without internet conection in my home for a forseable future

anyways

can some1, confirm if offline play is available?

offcourse i’m going to install, log in and unlock everything first in my brother’s house, but i’m going to play without internet

any1 can try and confirm it to me please??

thx in advance

(just like starcraft 2) THIS QUESTION IS ABOUT REFORGED, the classic in gonna play with my other folder of public test healm

1 Like

Yes offline play is available indefinitely as long as your in Classic mode. Playing a custom game offline becomes a LAN game.

I unplugged my router and launched this game. The versus option turns off so theres no ranked play, and then you can play the campaign or custom games while in this mode.

So, yes, it still works.

But a word of caution. I had really old versions of the 1.3x patches before Reforged was released that did odd behavior and asked me to log into battlenet again after a long time. They may have added an expiration to the code, such as, “after 3 months, stop playing and require user to log into Battlenet again before more offline play is allowed”.

I am not saying the game does restrict you that way. I am saying it is a possibility. I am not sure.

starcraft remastered got a 30 days expire

but your information helped me already, i’m gonna try

thx very much dude

Just the Remastered part has the 30 day authentication. The base game is always available offline. The same is true for Reforged. The base game is always available offline.

Is this actually confirmed?

Can’t see it being handled differently than SCR which was put out by the same team. But it won’t be much longer before a month hits, so I’ll know for sure pretty soon.

Thanks for doing the legwork since Blizzard seems reluctant to answer this question themselves.

Hey Filthy. So I waited a good 35 days to be safe. I launched the game while offline (internet completely disconnected) and I was NOT able to play at all. I got the “There was an error handling your request” message.

So I tried to launch the game offline but this time with the internet connected. I got the usual log in screen; however, the “Play Offline” button was grayed out.

No dice. The whole game is blocked out, even Classic mode. Seriously lame.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report, Leviathan. I’m sorry about all that. :frowning:
Please tell me you have access to pre-1.32 Classic somewhere