Play without battle.net?

Hi. I used to play warcraft 3 without having battle.net installed on my computer(I mean the hub, with all other blizzard games), is there a way to play without it again ? It messes with my customkeys editor and I can’t play dota as I used to. As I need to browse wr3 app path and I simply can’t as it’s somehow protected by the battle.net app… HELP !

What do you mean?
I am running this game without the blizzard launcher.

Well I’m gonna then try to uninstall the blizzard launcher? But that feels weird as you now have to install wc3 through bnet directly…

Edit : nothing changed, what I mean is that I wanna use third parts program that allows me to change hotkeys and item hotkeys, and I can’t locate the .exe when I’m trying to browse path, for some reasons. And before all those patches I was able to, and it really messes with me that I can’t do it anymore

Huh, that is weird.
I don’t have the blizzard launcher installed at all.
All i did was install from CD and then I got the new patch by starting the game and entering battle.net.

The paths are still the same for me. The .exe can be found under Warcraft III directory.

Reforged will likely require the launcher be installed. However after activation it should support running the game in offline mode.

The launcher is not a resource hog. You can disable it from automatic start up, allowing you to only have it running when it is needed for games to run. After a game has started it can even be closed in the background. That said if you have to be this worried about resource usage then chances are the games that need it will not run at all in the first place.

This is not my point. What I’m trying to get helped on is to be able again to use third parts programs such as Iccup, garena total, etc. But since the .exe path is somehow “protected” by the bnet launcher, I can’t find it and I can’t use these third parts programs.

Yeah, that might have something to do with the fact that they “merged” RoC and TFT. They probably changed the .exe file, so the programs don’t understand it anymore, since there used to be separate executables for Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne, and now they both launch from the same client (and you change between RoC and TFT from the button in-game).

Pretty much all you can do is wait for the third-party program’s makers to realize this and they have to change the way their program detects Warcraft 3. You might wanna give a heads up to their direction instead.

Yeah thought of this too as it fits with the patches… I’ll try some more ways, as in resintalling totally having bnet uninstalled… Then I’ll try to explain to them what’s going on, even if I doubt they’ll take it in charge, but thanks anyway !

+EDIT : Tried uninstalling warcraft 3+ all its components. Battlenet hub being uninstalled already, it would not let me uninstall warcraft. So this is exactly the issue, the fact that you’ve to go through battlenet to install it, I guess if you didn’t install from there it won’t happen to you, but then if you did, you’ll exactly face this issue.

+EDIT 2 : Reinstalled the launcher… Still can’t uninstall warcraft yikes !

How are you even installing from the launcher? It doesn’t even show on mine.

1 Like

Not installing via cd-rom is what I mean by installing “through launcher”, as you gotta go through the website, find the game, click download, this will be taken as downloaded from the launcher. Tried installing with my CDs, but unfortunately, being this old, TFT one got some scratches ! RIP in peace lil TFT

That is unfortunate, I think you can’t do anything about this tbh.
I am not sure if i am breaking any TOS but you can always go to wc3arena or the likes that run on older versions before pete stilwell came to our glory. The third party programs should be compatible with the older versions.

1 Like

You’re probably going against TOS but hey, they broke our game so far, so well deserved ? Thanks. Will (not) check it out, as it’s forbidden :eyes:

1 Like