Play reforged with TFT old cdkey

Greetings,

I used to own a physical copy of both WC3 ROC and TFT but I’ve lost ROC. I tried to redeem TFT, which was successful, so I was allowed to download and install WC3 reforged (I think).
When I run the game it says “There was an error in handling the request”. Is that because I didn’t redeem a ROC key? Since I won’t be able to, is there any workaround?

Thanks!

1 Like

i do not believe so.

I can even open the map editor… Oh well, I guess it is a goodbye.
My undertanding is that I would be able to play reforged if I found the old ROC key, is that correct? Or would I have to still buy it? It’s quite pricy for what it offers…

that is correct.

Since the release of Reforged, you must own now only the base game of the original Warcraft III, which is Reign of Chaos, to be able to play the latest version of Warcraft III: Reforged; The Frozen Throne isn’t necessary anymore. Try to open a ticket to the support team, explain your problem, share your passion for the game and maybe there is a chance they will fix it for you. Good luck!

correct, they removed the frozen throne as a separate game when they removed the ability to play reign of chaos online.

Yes, you in fact need the base game to play the current version of Warcraft III. TFT is neither required nor will it work by itself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.