PC crash (blue screen)

Wtf is wrong with this game? I can’t even play it.
1 game on 2 (custom) my pc does crash and graphic card’s fans are like 200% speed…

It’s not related to old PC or anything like I’ve read around, my pc does cost $3500, I’ve a 2080Ti / i9 9900K / etc.

1 Like

Reforged can’t cause a blue screen on its own because the game itself doesn’t have direct access to anything that can cause it (kernel access). Therefore, something else on the computer that’s trying to process Reforged is causing the crash, such as driver problems, hardware problems, security apps.

You mention that your GPU fans are spinning up to maximum which indicates that it is overheating. You can use apps like HWMonitor to get a read on various system temperatures to determine if something is running hot. If so, you’ll need to investigate why (dust build up, for example).

Due to the game not being able to directly cause blue screens, Bliz doesn’t support its errors. The most they have is this support article.

2 Likes

I’m playing most of latest games on ultra, and my CPU does load up to like 15% on any of them except wc3.

And again, it’s not just one time, it’s probably the 20th times that my PC crashes when a custom game starts, and it only happens after the loading when the game does start there’s a freeze and BSOD, but it’s not really a “blue screen” but a black screen. This issue only happens on wc3 and only when a game starts, nowhere else, so yeah I’m sure this is because of the game.

I’d like to know what’s causing that…

Was the sound skipping?

Are you by chance using an external monitor on a laptop?

Nah but I’ve found the issue, it’s caused by the “shadows” option, looks like this option is not supporting latest GPUs or something else.
I did run all the benchmark programms that exist, to be sure that’s not on my end and it went all fine, all configs 100% healthy.

I did turn off shadows and vsync in wc3 and no crash since then.

(EDIT) My config if needed to blizz devs:

• MSI RTX 2080Ti Duke OC 11Gb
  • Core i9 9900KF / 5.2Ghz
  • Board MEG z390 ACE
  • Dual watercooling Corsair Hydro H115i Platinum
  • Storage dual ssd 1Tb NMVe M.2 + hdd 6Tb barracuda
  • Ram G.Skill TridentZ 32Gb
  • Power Enermax 1000w 80+ Platinum
  • 6 fans Corsair iCUE QL120
  • Monitor BenQ 240Hz
1 Like

Glad you figured it out. After reading this I quickly ran to my computer to do the same thing. I then realized I have no control over shadows as a classic player. Although they are already considered off. I get a stopcode “video scheduler error” 4 out of 5 tries, while trying to run with a external monitor. Once I get in, I have to be careful not to alt/tab or change resolution. I never get stopcode while running without external monitor. It only happens with reforged and it never happened with classic, before the reforged update. Support sent me an email saying its not there fault basically. So now im stuck trying to figure it out. Hopefully a patch solves it. However I doubt they are looking to fix an issue that has a stigma of “its your computer, not my software” I have reinstalled WC3, graphics driver clean, audio driver clean, command prompt scans, virus scan, safemode boot, bios reset, different external monitors. I think it has to do with the new menu page. Because a fresh install forces you to watch the opening cinematic, then blue screens after pressing escape to skip.

1 Like

YOU’RE A GOD! TY SO MUCH. Had the exact same Problem and your solution solved mine, as well. Both in WC3 and SC Remastered. I use 2 monitors and turning off VSync and Shadows in WC3 and VSync in SC Rem solved it for me! Again: TY!