dps avg: 50-68
hp: 825-975
armor: 0-6

Wyvern
Level: 4
dps avg: 40-49
hp: 600
armor: 0-6

Now add movement speed, supply cost, attack speed, train speed.

Movement speed

Gryphon: 320
Wyvern: 320

Attack speed isn’t listed but that’s irrelevant since we have the dps (pretty sure it’s the same anyway)

Train speed:

Wyvern 35
Gryphon 45

Then again that’s completely irrelevant since you said mass wyverns would beat mass gryphons. You are completely wrong and makes me wonder if you even play this game.

And since you want to know supply cost…

Gryphons cost 15 gold and 30 wood more. Same amount of food. But are much more powerful.

1 Like

Games being balanced around “pro” players makes the game unfun, this is what made dota 2 unfun to play. For lower tier players “fun” heroes become unusably bad, in this case certain races are useless for bad players just because pro players can beat everyone with it?

I didn’t realize how bad orc was until I got my headhunter portrait in reforged, it was honestly terrible seeing how similarly skilled players would just destroy me as soon as they got tier 2 because grunts become useless.

1 Like

Lyn just won WGL and his main is Orc. Usually people lose from a myriad of reasons: micro, macro, timing, build orders, creep routes. Micro is probably the biggest reason. In Lyn’s interview he rated the races as such Human > Orc > Night Elf > Undead. I think Undead is a strong race for lower tiered players as Coil + Nova can really humiliate someone with poor micro. If you watch the WGL Finals it almost seems unfair for Happy and he is known for having the best micro anyone has seen. There are certainly preferred matches for all races but in general I think focusing on what I mentioned above can aid you in increasing your win %.

1 Like

This I agree,

This I do not. Orc has an easy time getting to T2, since any of their native Hero options are good enough to creep and deffend the base with 2 Grunts alone, since Burrows negate all early aggression against Orc, and make Peons very safe.

I think that orc is heavy micro race but it isnt fun. I can recall playing many 2on2 games when as orc player I play flawless outstanding start and kill opponent units and archmage 2-3 times!!! and still as soon as tier 2 units pops I will lose anyways. Extremely frustating.

And yes my micro is not perfect I make mistakes but as orc players those mistakes cost whole game, whereas other races can make mistakes and still pul themself back in the game.

You overestimate your own abilities I’m afraid.

You lost because you did something wrong, don’t blame the race.

So, have you?

I just showed him the inevitable extremes of his train of thought.

I deleted the comment to avoid discussion but since you responded, know that it is never good to bring up politics especially because of how badly you presented your comparison, do not do it, use other means. Have a nice day

I disagree. Shock value is the truest value. People should always be honestly and quickly confronted with the full breadth of consequences for their actions.

It is the only way to learn.

its actually very wise to bring politics here.

if you turn away from reality then others who dont play the game decide ur things into their favour. be awake from reality, dont turn ur life virtual then u already lost.

1 Like

As a undead player i struggle most against orc, from the beging of the game it was always like that, the matchup is so much favouritable for ORC, and you saying fiends kill grunts in 3 hits which is a big lie.LVL 4 Blademaster 3crits and fiend is dead, when he got the orb you can’t even move your unit like you insta lose your statues, hex DK so he can’t coil and focus hero, or fiends…TC clap is OP, and Far Seer is a great hero like Far seer + tc harras and meanwhile expo that strat is so unbeatable for undead, Im 99% sure that ORC got best heroes all of them are great.You should learn the game before crying watch the pros how they play Lyn beat on WGL evrey single race…And there are more great orc players like Fly,Focus,iceorc etc… Lyn is the best of them for sure.And Grunts are not the only army orc has, Orc has a very unique playstayle and you need too adept it, if you play BM first, you go harras and steal last hit and items meanwhile with your other hero and army you are creeping, i think they are against undead very strong, Undead has chance only when they got high lvl hereos + banshes+ destroyers, early mid game orc destroys undead… for other matchup for orc i dont know cause im not orc player but i see Lyn and best orc players beating hu and elf too, with far seer + tc 2 koodos its new meta

1 Like

Valid points, but it would be broken in h vs u / h vs orc.

No, Orc goes max ranged most of the time, so Thorns would only really afftect the Blademaster and Tauren Chieftain, and I think we can both agree that at least the BM needs to have a harder time with just ghosting in and sniping units.

Undead armies are also mostly Fiend based, with th DK staying back for Aura and Coils, and the Lich Novas, so it would affect them very little.

disagree.
WC3 is extremely well balanced.

You just arent fromiliar with Orcs playstyles. Get better at Orc so you can understand how to play against them better vs good players.

It sounds like you were vs Undead as Orc.
The typical way to play vs Undead as Orc is as follows–

Blade Master or Farseer- Harass acolytes, and harass the UD player as he creeps.
Quick tech.
Late barracks.
Continue to harass with Grunts set rallied to either small green creep encampments to clear the creeps while your hero continues to harass.
Or, set rally the grunts to your hero, and use the grunts in addition to your hero with your harassing.
As you hit Tier2, you’ll want a Tauren Cheiftan or a Shadow Hunter. Typically a Tauren Cheiftan.
Build a Bestiary and start pumping out wyverns.

The tactic here is to delay the UD player from his Tier2, so that he cannot possibly have webs by the time you have 2-3 Wyverns. Use this window of time to deal as much damage to the UD player as you can.
If he’s turtled in and protecting himself until he can web, use that time to creep and expand and broaden your armies diversity.
If he is succumbing to the harass and wyverns beating on him, continue to mass wyverns until you have ended the game.

I am familiar with orc playstyles I play this game 15 years,