Only Blizzard game where I frequently disconnect

I don’t know what it is about this game. I am trying to be a custom map maker but this past month I disconnect about 70% of the time when I join a custom game online.

I have 1 gb internet, speed tests all check out, no packet loss in my packet loss tests. I can stream TV shows, play in 40 man WoW Raids, play Warhammer Total War with a friend online, and I never disconnect or have lag issues with any of these typically internet straining activities. I run Wow classic, retail and SC2 all with no problems. I get into WC3 and within 5-25 minutes the game will say “You have left the game” and take me to the score screen even though I indeed, did not leave the game. Another chunk of the time it just logs me out and says I am disconnected even though I am still connected to battle net on the battlenet app.

What can I do about this? I don’t believe its any issue with my ISP. I downloaded reforged on launch and had similar issues. They went away for a little bit during the summer but now that I am playing again it has just been hell. Are the WC3 servers really that bad?

Howdy Greylight,

If you can provide a MTR test, that may help us pinpoint the problem:

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Unzip the file to your desktop
  3. Run the WinMTR as Admin
  4. Type uswest.battle.net in “host”.
  5. Click “Start” and open the game. Let the MTR test run for at least 10 minutes to capture this issue occurring.
  6. Click “Copy text to clipboard”
  7. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

Note: If it’s not letting you post, break links by adding a space before .com/.net, so you can post them. You can also upload the MTR contents through Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

In the mean time, try testing another network like a mobile hotspot to compare the difference.

Another unsolved disconnect post