Old Yeller: Reforged

Been a hot minute since I put one of these on here.
I wonder if any of the folks I used to talk with and argue with over this thing are still around?
Don’t imagine a lot of folks from back then’ll say howdy or anything for that matter.
Place is just an empty land of desperate ghosts, telling themselves this is fine when somewhere deep down they know, it’s not.

Still, I hope they’re doing alright and playing a better game than this.
Even the ones that hated my guts and disagreed completely.

I feel like that kid at the end of old yeller only instead of taking my old pal out back to be shot, they let him live… and the sickness took him instead but not before turning him into a frothing deranged animal that no longer resembled my childhood friend.

There was a right course of action to take here, there was a way to salvage all of this but the people in charge don’t care about any of that.
The suits who’re really responsible for this, they took the quick and easy out instead of putting this sick animal down.

1 Like

Didn’t I do that sometimes? Who else was there…

You mean you actually read the names of the other people on the forums? Because my primary use for the forums was to be an egoist living in a state of denial on a video game, the names of the other accounts on the forum were largely irrelevant.

Take now for an example… I’m awake in bed when I should go back to sleep. At this point I just check this forum in the same way some people check facebook. It’s probably not healthy.

Sure I did. Sometimes I even got to see them in other places, like PEGADE (Remember him? The guy who boasted about teamkilling and hating W3C because they banned him for it?).

2 Likes

Yeah honestly I don’t think anyone is really around much anymore. Even the Hive Workshop Community seems to have died down in popularity after the epic fail that was Reforged (Along with all the promises blizzard made to them and never followed through on)

They completely butchered this game beyond repair and instead of just letting it rest in peace they took the original and linked it to this garbage to make some weird hybrid monstrosity that can’t even commit to it’s basic functions

They pulled some horrid Fullmetal Alchemist stuff here and destroyed one of their best games.

Hey there Roga, good to see you’re still alive if not in happier forums for games that didn’t self terminate.

Eyo. Glad to see you’re still alive & kicking as well.

i never argued with you but, i have been around for a while.

You were also one of the ones that contributed to Reforged’s downfall. Preventing the squeaky wheels from doing what they should have done: squeak!

no, i purchased reforged and never refunded. i just decided to go back to the frozen throne in order to make it easier to develop maps. i can use reforged if i want to, i am just choosing not to.

2 Likes

That’s not what I meant. I meant you defended reforged and are partially responsible for this mess.

No more so than I was.
After all in the year leading up to it’s release, I saw the signs.
And still I gave them the benefit of the doubt and in the end there was no saving it.

In the end I don’t believe any amount of squeaking here could have changed the outcome.

Much like Lordaeron it’s doom was made clear long before it was far to late to stop it.

I can only console those few that remain trying to make the best of this post apocalyptic ghoul-scape.

1 Like