No spring sale for WC3...sad

They denied my request for refund :frowning:

how in the sam hill did you need a refund for reforged in 2022?

i mean, it just seems to me like it’s been 2 years, but i guess i check these forums every day.

Seems like either

1. you already knew everything about reforged when you bought it, so why do you need a refund?
  2. you didnt follow reforged for the last 2 years in which case you are enough of a casual that there is probably nothing wrong with reforged worthy of refunding

so i don’t mean to be rude, but i dont understand your situation

They still offer no questions asked refunds which is (we assume) the reason there’s no sales. But there are probably still limitations on that, and I imagine either they’ve been playing since the beginning and only asked for a refund now, or they’re just making it up.

Correction: you assume.

Someone just posted their refund was denied confirming your theory is incorrect.

Refunds have nothing to do with why this game doesn’t get promoted. It’s … interesting… you cling to this obviously and demonstrably incorrect belief.

1 Like

join bug, 2000ms lag, disconnect, no guild, no ladder, no patch

1 Like

mmm ye that is a more reasonable answer to why they don’t promote it.

But well, if you think about it, they have tried to sell it anyway…

First, I already included in the comment “(we assume)” since it is not just me that holds this theory, and that it is an assumption (but an assumption based on observation)

Second, someone having their refund denied does not mean they aren’t generally issuing refunds. There is very likely still a statute of limitations i.e. no asking for a refund when you bought it a year ago. Nothing was “confirmed,” nor “demonstrably incorrect.” The fact that they are still giving out refunds easily (they are, there are still people getting refunds) runs counter to your statement. It does not mean that 100% of refund requests are being fufilled- it only means they have a special refund policy just for this game. And you say all this without offering any reasonable counterargument rooted in logic.

Third: we have someone, with very little forum activity, make a one sentence post saying they didn’t get a refund. Their last post was over 2 years ago, and the posts before that implies they prepurchased it. Meaning they’ve owned it since the beginning. If I were blizzard I’d deny this request as refund abuse, since they bought it two years ago. I don’t know a single software company in the world that will give a refund 2 years after the pruchase.

It is also possible that they have recently ended this policy, but since Blizzard never says anything, all we have is logical deduction or guessing.

You offer no explanation of your own as to why this game doesn’t get promoted, when literally the entire rest of Activison Blizzard’s catalog was on sale, even starcraft 1, and the classic versions of Diablo II, which they have no reason to promote when we have D2R. All evdience points to the reason W3R is not included in sales has nothing to do with whether they want to “promote” it or not, and everything to do with other reasons, such as legal issues, or potential abuse of a generous refund policy.

Really, if your theory was correct, they would just pull it from sale entirely, rather than simply not include it in otherwise battle.net-wide sales.

no questions asked doesnt mean there’s no time limit. it just means you don’t need a reason. battle.net normally only allows a refund under a very strict set of conditions. I admitted to nothing.

I don’t see it as reasonable (regardless of reason) to ask for, much less recieve, a refund 2 years after purchase.

That actually is a reason… probably not the only one, but it is a reason.

Of course there is. If you keep promising and never deliver you are indeed failing to fulfill your part of the agreement. “Soon” or “ping” don’t mean “done”.

1 Like

They haven’t “kept promising” anything, they haven’t said anything at all beyond a simple suggestion that they might get around to it at some unspecified time in the future.

It doesn’t matter what they did or didn’t promise: If you continued to play the game for 2 entire years, you clearly weren’t dissatisfied enough to return it in what any business or industry in the world would consider a reasonable timeframe. (usually a few months). So to ask after 2 years passed is ridiculous, no matter how badly they screwed up. There isn’t a retail store in existence that will do that.

Normally the software industry is much more restrictive than any other on returns. In this special case they offered a far more generous return opportunity than any other industry ever offers. So yeah.

Want to check the official updates? In each of them there is a promise of something that will be developed “soon”.
He simply waited for 2 years. After 2 years he realized that there will be no update. He asked for a refund. Perfectly legal.
…not everyone waits forever…

There hasn’t been an official update in over a year. Thus there hasn’t been any new promise or extension of an existing promise in that amount of time.

That is exactly what I meant. “of an existing promise”.

Hey guys, guess what the only thing is that isn’t on sale for the black friday sale?

1 Like

Like every year :wink:

I put 2 scoops of nutella into my smoothie this morning. I have an extra PEP In my STEP.

I don’t know why people bring this up every holiday/season/whatever.

It’s a notoriously broken product that people haven’t stopped eviscerating Bliz over for years. How could anyone think putting it on sale in that condition would be smart?

Haters (I mean that in a civil way) already have enough ammo. Who thinks knowing putting it on sale in its current state won’t cause more controversy?

BliX hAs THe neEVe tO TRicK PeOpLe IntO BuYIng THEir DuMPsteR FiRE!!!^#&&#&@^@&#

I guess it is not a matter of having it on sale or not, but to pretend it never existed…

I agree with you but at the same time you could also argue that it’s disgraceful that they still charge full price for this unfinished / broken mess.

Still no sale for it this spring either!