No Ladder has to be a joke

I left WC3 like 17 months ago but recently thought about coming back. Still no ladder? Like really?

2 Likes

dude. just download w3champion. this is the best way to have ladder and play against opponents of your skills. You can even zoom in and zoom out. I like to play with a bigger zoom out personally, you see a lot more units and action in big battle.

2 Likes

not sure if you’re excusing the lack of a feature that was in the original version or not but in any case…bro it was in the original how/why do you expect someone to not be shock about the absence of that back after 1 and a half year after launch?

Because the team that worked on Reforged got disbanded. Nobody’s working on it. We’ve known this for months.

So yeah, it makes perfect sense to not expect someone to still be shocked that a dead game is dead and its own developers killed it.

1 Like

Sounds like it might happen to Diablo 2 as well then.

Diablo II: Resurrected will also not have Ladder at its launch.

read: never^^

3 Likes

and custom campaigns… WHERE IS IT? They should have delayed reforged for another year instead of releasing it without these key features. they literally made it worse, they removed them.

3 Likes

lmao i doubt 1 year of delay would be enough, we’re over 18 months after launch and they havent fix this yet, makes you wonder if they will ever touch this game again

2 Likes

i am sure they will touch the game but i am also sure they will touch it in a bad way my friend. imagine paying $30 for an “upgrade” that actually removes existing features. like what on earth is that all about?

3 Likes

There is a ladder, it’s just not official. look up war3champions, it’s a mod for the game with ladders for most melee modes and even some custom games. It’s perhaps not as polished as an official one would (should) be, but it does work and if you do try it, just be aware that even the worst players you encounter on it are far better than most anyone you’ll encounter in Versus.

my friend, who never played wc3, installed w3champion and played against people of his level. They match you against people of your skill. the matchmaking is really on point, there’s a lot of new player too. i agree that the field overall is better (the best are played on w3c), but you’ll never meet them if you’re a noobie.

That’s not quite true. I tried my best with my 1v1 placements, and lost game after game after game, and eventually the system literally could not match me with anyone because my rating was too low. But I can win against bnet players no problem. The skill level of even the worst players on W3C is orders of magnitude higher.

Never coming. Again, the team working on this game is gone. Find a pre-Reforged copy of Warcraft 3 and play that instead.

There’s a new team in its place, currently working on D2R. This team is also responsible for maintaining the other Classic Games, and updates are not out of the realm of possibility after that game releases.