NO for online-only launcher and editor

I guess the license check works for the entirety of your account, not just one game or a part of it.

As in directly to the World Editor exe?

Yes, make a shortcut to the “World Editor.exe”, and add -launcher at the end of the command.

1 Like

Yeah and that is just a screw you sign to the customers. Why should we always need to verify we paid for nicer looking graphics?

For that very reason: it’s paid. Thus, it’s a measure of hack/piracy protection. By having the client crosscheck its license level against battlenet’s license level, the illicit can be identified. Meaning, it’s not for the people who legitimately purchased the content; it’s for those who steal it.

But like most anti-piracy measures, there is some level of inconvenience for the legit customers. The trick is to balance it so that it doesn’t overly inconvenience the legit but still effectively mitigates loss at the same time.

1 Like

It’s mostly for those who sell their account passwords for $1 to thousand people for “offline play”. Been happening a lot with Steam.

1 Like

Excellent example!

Bliz is trying to mitigate loss and protect their IP.

I loved WC3 because I can play it without internet or when it’s down or choppy. Oh well…

1 Like

If WC3R follows SCR’s suit, which it’s reasonable to assume it will, then the base game (free part) will be available offline at all times. It’s just the new Reforged content (paid part) that would require the 30 day verification.

So the game shouldn’t be completely lost to the verification requirement. Playing solo offline with the old content will be the same as it’s always been.

That’s nice and all but it wouldn’t hurt if at least the Reforged single player is available offline. Especially since I paid $30 for this

1 Like

It’s the actually paid characteristic of Reforged that has Bliz putting the 30 day verification in. (Same for the paid Remastered part for SCR.) It is inconvenient for the legitimate player, but they want something to protect their paid IP from the less reputable.

Is editor online only?

Username checks out

but you should read the topic first

That I don’t know about that as I’ve never used WC3’s editor. :neutral_face:

And it’s tough to draw an analogy to SCR because development of their official editor was discontinued.

If the Beta state continue then yes it is.