No feedback for disconnections

Many years ago (almost 20) a company made a game in which when 10 players were loading the match at some point the game used to start and show if anyone of them was having problems with the connection. If I remember correctly it was called Blizzard or something like that.
Now, if you try to start a game, you are left hanging in the void until you decide to force the game to quit and then, if you are not already completely fed up, restart it.
It is not about bugs, or anything. It is just ignorantly designed.

By the way, just noticed playing a still great and ageless game called “Warcraft: Orcs and Humans” that the ranking beyond “God” is “Designer”.
Back then I bet that everyone screamed “YESSSSSSSSSSSSS well deserved”.
Now I think it is an offense to the whole category.

5 Likes

They just should have remastered Warcraft I or Warcraft II instead of Warcraft III.
Couldn’t possibly mess a re-master of Wc I or Wc II up, in Wc I and Wc II there are like 12 unit types each side, its like checkers.
Wc III was still playable, not broken, and its through Wc III is how most people came into WoW.
Could have made the units randomly generate into male or female version upon spawn.
Could have made Wc III maps to work in the Wc I or Wc II re-mastered to lure the players from Wc III into a re-master.
And definitely implement a disconnect protection, most games these days have it.
Instead we have a buggy laggy re-skin of Wc III.

2 Likes

I agree. With the money they spent on this game, they should’ve just made Warcraft 4 based on the lore present in the WoW series…the main goal was the revive the custom games and RTS scenes, imo. Not so much to Frankenstein an old game like they did.

1 Like