No communication from Blizzard is the worst part

reforged is remastered what are you? an illiterate? stop trolling.

1 Like

These patches are literally for the upcoming features to Wc3R. Ofc this feedback is useful for Reforged. If it doesn’t work on the base of the engine, what makes you think it’s gonna work on the upgraded version either?

Pretty sure OP is just asking for essentially a Dev Diary, like “Hey guys, today/this week we worked on features X and Y, and were doing intensive bug testing on Z!”

Y’know, like the majority of game companies now? It’s literally 1-2 paragraphs they could write, somewhere between every other day and once a week. There’s really no loss to them to at least communicate what they’re doing in terms a little less vague than “We’re working on it.”

Take a page from TaleWorldsEntertainment and you’ll see the community flip how it responds pretty damn quickly.

They’ve been stringing people along for Mount and Blade 2 for literal years, and their viewership has literally only gone up.

1 Like

Dev diary is a waste of time for a game that already came out 15 yrs ago.

Hahaha, you are an artist sir. The positivity troll vibes are infectious. Love conquers all:D

I’m sorry, is Reforged 15 years old yet? Did I fall into some strange cryo situation? Did the bot-killing bugs of 1.30.2 come out 15 years ago? I must have missed something.

But maybe you’re right. Total silence is totally working right now. The forums are just loving it.

2 Likes

Honestly, updates aren’t hard to google up or find. But hey, we’re not talking about updates are we? We’re talking about a dev diary which you specifically brought up.

A dev diary is a means of communicating new features to the audience and help into familiarizing themselves to them. This is important for a new game that has many fresh design elements incorporated into a series.

Warcraft 3 is a known game. The work involved is literally laid out to us in various interviews. We don’t need a day-to-day type progress report because for the most part, there’s nothing new. What is happening is a lot of under-the-hood stuff going on that… frankly… most people wouldn’t understand anyways.

WoW tried this. People ended up misinterpretting a lot of developer talk and using it against the devs. Ever heard of the statement ‘It’ll cost a raid tier’? That’s from a watercooler talk. So yes, there are definitely drawbacks to having that kind of thing when not needed, because the fanbase is nitpicky and prone to interpretting things in their own way, then overreacting.

I mean even in the lore thread, I spent a day trying to figure out what lore change someone was angry about, and it was the possibility of Sylvanas joining the Horde in Reforged’s story. That’s what we’re dealing with here in this very forum.

Yes, they can give a simple ‘We f’d up, and here’s what we’re gonna do with bots’ but tbh from what we have been seeing here, I think they haven’t made a final decision on how to tackle this problem. It’s not a clean cut ‘We’re gonna revert it and let you have bots’ or ‘No bots’ answer. Until they know the answer and figure a way to communicate it to us without more table flipping, it’s best for them to literally not say anything and just patch things as they are in the mean time.

Honestly, what would you want them to say? Most people here seem to just want to hear them say they F’d up so they can feel justified for feeling wronged. That solves nothing, and it only starts a slippery slope for expecting apologies every time something gets f’d up. And look how that’s working out for Bethesda’s fans. They’re so happy about getting apologies, am I right?

2 Likes

Finally! a message! seems like a moderator reads the players posts.

Out of joke, 12/4/2018 so… they did hear us.

They’ve been updating very frequently. It’s just on the classic games board. Always has been, and they’ve been updating like once a day. This was posted on this forum in a reply to someone asking for updates; it just got buried in the last 24 hrs.

I honestly don’t know how someone can be so disconnected from reality lol. The WoW “dev diary” they did was a mishandled, miscommunicated mess that wasn’t even handled by a project lead.

You’re telling me screen grabs of the current models they’re working on wouldn’t be cool to see? Sure people could flame and say they don’t like the models, but I don’t think ANYONE would be saying f ck you for showing me this.

I’m not saying everyone wants to read it (clearly you don’t, and would be happier to have no one enjoy their work), but statistically most people who view dev diaries respond positively to them. So I really don’t give a sh*t about your perceptions about the “deep losses” of making a dev diary.

Also, slippery slope? Really dude? LOL!

No, you are wrong. We are many people who wants them to apologize for destroying warcraft 3. Sadly, the developers are too arrogant to admit their mistakes, so they ban anyone who criticizes their “work”.

We have other ways of being heard though. Review websites are free to criticize the developers. Why do you think blizzards reputation is getting hammered? Because of the people working on the diablo and warcraft franchises right now. They are some of the most incompetent developers to ever work in the video game industry. The people who made these franchises originally are long gone from the company.

1 Like

they deleted that religion thread (which is suspicious) which means they do read whats going on in this forum but ignore the impactful ones

If they are banning people for criticizing their work this thread wouldnt exist.

And threads that intentionally bait a Blizz response through provocation is not criticism. Calling the devs incompetant and how this game has destroyed the community is not criticism. Its expressing frustration in a destructive manner.

When Diablo 2 was in alpha, they literally released one new screenshot a week.

It worked for about 3 months before people stopped caring about the screenshots. The more people saw, the less they cared and wanted a beta or the game to be out. It actually hurt the hype when they released the beta. There was no more mystery in hoping to see something new, there was fatigue from waiting for the next tidbit to drop, and there was letdown if the next screenshot did not unveil something big like the previous one. This is why that only ever happened for Diablo 2

Updates that are few and far between are the best way to unveil content. You give ample time for players to get excited, discuss and absorb information, then cool down. When expectations begin to normalize, you build the hype again with a mini info dump, like a special interview or unveiling the night elves. Rollercoaster ride hype. That is the most effective way.

A dev diary is unnecessary for a game coming out in one year. Hell the beta is expected in early 2019. By that time we should have a slew of models shown or datamined. We dont even havr Night Elves unveiled yet, so expect that to be a big late 2018/early 2019 update.

Thats really all there is to it.

A dev diary is no substitute for engaging with the community. That is something that would be more substantial than screenshots or telling us how upkeep is important to the game or how the editor now supports 32bit tifs. People who sre interested are already waiting for beta and further announcements. People who want feedback arent sated by weekly updates. A dev diary only piques your curiosity, which is useless when fans are already pissed at the game breaking down.

Calling the developers incompetent is not a reason for banning players. Yes, they are incompetent, and people have every right to point that out. It’s not what you like to hear, but its the truth. If blizzard had competent developers, they wouldnt be having a bad reputation.

2 Likes

You guys realise that this isnt the bug report forum right?Go to the support section n post your troubles

Blizzard Quality died long ago.

6 Likes

Do we know they got banned? Im not even sure how you know this information, cuz I wasnt aware bans werre actually made, only seeing posts deleted.

But honestly Im not surprised. These forums are moderated, there are rules and guidelines, what do you expect? None of the Blizzard forums are public domain. By no means am I defending Blizzard, Im saying peple need to start being rational and reasonable cuz complaints and criticism are fine, but looking for blame and doomsaying is inexcusable.

You have criticized them and havent been banned, right?

While they are working on it, could someone please inform them that they need to work on NOT confusing proper game design philosophies between their very own games?

1 Like

You just posted a thread where you had an idea and everyone roasted you on your idea and you got defensive. I don’t think that really supports you much.

I gave it a read and agreed with the posters. I initially read your entire post thinking it was a Blizzard Blue design goal for 1.30 or something and thinking ‘what kind of crazy, misguided idea is Blizzard thinking?!’ only to realize it wasn’t their idea. So no, my opinion wasn’t influenced by comments, but by understanding how the game already works and why the assymetry exists.

NE don’t need that early game melee units. They have Demon Hunter, Keeper FoN build and AoW for creep farming.

A) Protectors costs both a wisp, gold and time to create a tower that doesn’t have a ranged attack. Resources are better spent elsewhere in the early game, such as more moonwells, more units or straight to tech (Huntress Hall).

B) You already have an AoW available and ready for creeping by the time you have a small force of archers.

C) Protectors have no early game advantage to be made, unlike an Arcane Sentry for Humans or Nerubian Tower for Undead. Having them available earlier and come equipped only with a melee attack before Huntress Hall serves nothing to the early game. You want base D that is a deterrant to attacks, and a melee tower is useless.

So this doesn’t change the early game meta at all. However, this potentially promotes… NE Tower Rushing.

You addressed nothing about the actual core intellectual topic and instead got lost in micro matters of complete insignificance. A confusion of design philosophies is a confusion of design philosophies. You can’t make a quality point to a significant macro topic with insignificant micro observations that you’re only posting to make yourself feel comfortable. The cultural quality of your personal values is most likely garbage.

How long have NE had a quality KoTG to the entirety of the game’s lifespan by %?

And then you go on to try and make an argument that the game is fine like it has been fine… or because it’s finally fine… now? Like magically so, while most people are still complaining… I’m pretty sure that you are the one looking like a fool.

And no… not everyone roasted me

How can I take you seriously when you start out with a false statement right off the bat?

1 Like