Night Elf experimental rework

Hello…so before anything else, sorry for bad english. Anyhow, Night elf, as a race, teeters between being balanced and superbly weak. The winrate and prowess of nightelf is mostly based on the 1v1 modes. And so, the balancing of this race is centered in pro-matches, most 1v1 and 2v2s. Nightelf is objectively weak. there are tons of racial issues and aspects that puts them below other races. Nelf works around these issues by the technical aspects/mechanics present in the game such as items, neutral heroes, and timing. Remove these 3, (or experimentallly speaking, making these 3 aspects as control variables, night elf will lose automatically against the other races). Night elf matches is mostly balanced within 1hour of a 1v1 match (nightlelf lose all the time in ffa…nelf lose against high level tri-hero of ud,hum, orc… nelf army dont scale at all late game, outsped, out manuvered,… nelf heroes practical synergy…etc…) With this in mind, I would like to ask at least consideration on these propositions to give night elf some gears for late game that other races, especially humans, boast (action packed games i long to watch hihih)… of course this is not to say that the balanced around 30-min matches would be jeopardize… as game devs, you guys should have the necessary tools to tune such…anyways… here are my thoughts…

1. Night Elf Racial Resource: Trees
    Problem:
    Trees are vital for nelf, but for the abilities of the units and buildings hence, trees are also a secondary resource for this race, not for lumber. Like undead which utilizes corpse as resource, night elf uses trees. But unlike undead that has graveyard to continually generate corpse, night elf lack necessary means to reproduced killed trees. Necessarily hampering nightelf strenght at dragged out long games (no force of nature, no owls for vision, no MG clubs, etc.)
    Solution:
    Give tree of life (ages/eternity) and keeper the ability to revive trees! Remember the reign of chaos interlude with Cenarius vs orcs? yeah that one. I was thinking to give keeper an innate ability (like warden and potms shadowmeld) that revives trees. This will work opposite of force of nature, and gradually increases in strenght as keeper levels up.
    REFORESTATION (kotg): After channeling for five seconds, the dead trees in a targeted area is revived. Keeeper at Lvl 1: Radius 50, Cooldown 360 → Keeper at Lvl 10: Radius 200,Cooldown 240.
    REFORESTATION (Tree): HAs to be rooted. Life: Radius: 50, CD 360; Ages: Radius: 100, CD: 300; Eternity: Radius: 200,CD 240.
    This is to ensure night elf skills remain viable at long games and ffa, though maybe some tweeks be made if it is op, like giving the respawed trees timed life? or making cd longer?

2. Night Elf Hero

Three night elf heroes are agility. I think the attribute bonus should be recalibrated as giving 1.5 agi per level is just … Compare lich vs potm. Lich gains 3.4 int per level while potm gains 1.5 agi. This translates to lich having 3.4 damge per level while potm only 1.5 as 1pt main attribute=1pt damage. This sounds so ridiculous as not only does potm have terrible base attack time, most heroes also have 1 agi gain. So isnt it unfair for agility heroes to only have 0.5 per level as advantage against other attribute heroes? THis right click scaling problem can be worked around by reducing the base damage and base attackspeped of agi at lvl1 heroes, and later on compensate for this deficit as they level up. With this, potms true shot will also scale more. computation for armor may also be changed like 4 agi=1 armor?

Demon Hunter: I like the recent changes on DH, reducing the interval of immolation and mana cost. however, metamorphosis is quite underwhelming and lacks synergy with the rest of his skills! Realistically speaking, metamorphosis should enhance illidans’ basic skills. Since illidan gains 600 range, I think manaburn cast range should doouble (becomes 600) while meta is active. Moreover, immolation radius should also double (become 300) and evasion either doubles in value (20,40,60%) or grant a magical evasion counterpart that gives (10,20,30% magic resistance). Lore wise, feels logical since fel kinda devours arcane of some sort?

Kotg: as mentioned above, the reforestation ability, that becomes compatible with force of nature so treants can still be summoned at later stages. Also, entangle should scale linearly, cast range should be 600/700/800/ I liked the thorns chnag since it is basically a crappy skill that DOES NOT ADDRESS a racial issue! I suggest remove thorns aura and make a new aura ability that gives justice to the concept of night elf as a nature based peace seeking race! Also one that addresss their WEAKNESS! Humans have brilliance since human spell casters and human hero spells are top tier, they have devotion to further incrase their armor to compensate low hp comapred to orcs. UD have unholy becuase the movespeed of most ud units are slow and lack regen outside of blight, they have Vapiric to sustain ghouls, gargs, aboms, skellies, beetles, and the 3! MELEE heroes!. Orcs have endurance because their units are slow, attackwise and movespeed. They have Command aura/WArsong drums which is basically a permanent ROAR (20% damage) to strenghthen their already high BASE damage…Meanwhile… Night elf has Thorns! This skill really sucks even concept-wise and lore wise. Auras are supposed to be like energy/authoritarian figure that a hero emits when an army is ajoined by the hero. So this skills is like, yehey, “kotg is hear wohooo, we now get spiky spiky thorns around our body hoping they wont attack us at close even though they can just snipe us form range and we dont have high enough hp to make sure a significant amount oof dmage is reflected excpet for mg”. Night elf units are very very fragile, except MGs (Bears have the lowest hp amongst heavy melee counter parts of other races). This aura does not resolve that issue! its like this aura solely exists for MGs only, (though i understand that Mg appearedg at the frozen throne exoansion whilst thorns was from roc)… Anyways, I was thinking that Kotg should bear an aura befitting of a guardian of the nature… an aura that reflects the tranquil/serenity of the forests and the priciple of druidism (damage block and magic resist). Something like EVERGREEN AURA: An green druidic energy envelops the protectors of nature, reducing the damage taken of the affected units by 2/3/5 (flat attack damage block mechanic). The druidic energy is somewhat repulsive of arcane energy, providing 10/15/20% magic resistance (the story behing malfurion being a druid under cenarius’ tutetlage vs illidan a arcane sorcerer/mage). This aura helps night elf units gain some sort of tankiness… defense against nukes, especially aoes. Tranquility is the only viable healing that nelf has, rejuv is dispellable, and worse, breakers can steal it. It should provide an immediate 150hp heal, then heals the remaining 450 hp over 15 seconds.

POTM: Improve Base attack time. lower searing arrows mana cost or remove this skill. As a PRIESTESS OF THE fookn MOON, she does not have any priestess like skilll!!! Replace searing arows, (I honesly dont know where tyrande gets the fire from?!) Give a skill called LUCENT BEAM: After praying (channeling,cast delay like flamestrike) to Elune for 2 seconds, a beam of light heals an ally/damages an enemy for 100/180/260hp, within 300 radius of the target units, the lunar light radiates affecting nearby enemies/allies for 50% of the value. During the night, praying is reduced to 0.5 seconds, CD 10 secs, mana cost 90.
This gives night elf both a nuke, and an instant heal . Although not as strong as death coil, holylight, shadowwave in terms of heal (just enuf to heal archer lol), or bolt,wave, nova as nuke. Make starfall turn day to night.

Warden: She good. Just the agility change, and oh… maybe increase int gain? or prolly not

1. Night Elf Units
    Make Night elf units have the “adapt” not adept feature.

Huntress: really op early game but just a walking tome of exp at mid game, and useless late game. give her an upgrade that toggles between an armored and unarmored panther!
The default version is unarmored panther, hunt shieldless, faster movespeed and unarmored armor type, the model should reflect this. The 2nd version unlocked by researching, requires T3. Lieutenant vesion (like NAISHA) provides huntresses shield to reduced damage from ranged attacks and gives armor to panther. turning the armor type to heavy! This mode, reduces movespeed and attackspeed. This is a transformation skill that takes 2 seconds to switch between the 2. Note the difference between defend. This is to make hunts viable late game. OWL! should return to the huntress if the tree dies or timer expires.

Glaive throver: Give a ballista research upgrade! This is to work similar to destroyer. A glaive thrower can upgrade to ballista , costs 50 gold, 10 lumber, 1 food. Provides bonus move speed, attackspeed, hitpoints (to 480), gains armor upgrade, and vorpal blades ability. the worst siege unit becomes viable at late game!

Archer: Most lose elunes grace because of the introduction of evergreen aura. Instead increase hp to 265. Improve backswing animation and movespeed by 5.

Hippogryph: gargoyle>>hippos; dps wise and tankiness wise due to armor and the stone form abilty, and not to forget attackground mechsnism.

MG should lose harderec skin due to evergreen aura mechanism. Replace with Cragggy EXTERIOR! Units that attack MG within 250 radius has 25% chance to get stunned for 2.5 secs because of falling rock debris being chipped. Triggers once every 2.5 sec. Make resistant skin default. Taunt to FORCE 5 nearby enemy units to uncontrollably attack MG for 5 seconds (can not issue commmand, like axe’s dota skill). Taunt cd to 15 seconds.

DOTC: Druids should have complete distinction between druid and creature form! Druid forms must have 2 active spells, and ranged attack. MArk of the claw and mark of the talons MUST be the research that unlocks the shapeshift skill! since it is literally what gives them talon and claw. Ergo,
DoTalon: adept skill should unlock a new spell. Windrunner, Galeforce: autocastable, provides movespeed 10% and evasion 10% to target ally for 40 secs, cd, 10 secs. Mark of the talon transforms into crow form
DoC: Masters research unlock LEECH SEED. Implants a seed in to an enemy unit, slowing move by 15% and leeches 15 hp every 3 secs while healing nearby allied units. LAsts 45 secs (15 instances), Manacoost, 75, cd 15 secs. mark of claw unlocks bear form. OR a wisp summoning skill like malfurion vs archimonde! DOC channels for 3 secs, costs 50 hp, 100 mana, to summon a detonating wisp in a target area. This skill wont work if no wisp is “communing wiht nature”, Thus a wisp have a new commune active skill to be considrerd when summoning… This is to help nelf deal with dispels later on… wisps get kill before even gettting the chance to get to target location due to nukes, exp dreadlord swarm vs skellies, nova, bolts,

moonwell should be replenished during tranquility…treee should get entangke ability for base defense, and they have roots
dryad is good… already, but i think magic immunity shall be reduced to 80% magic reistance, same with fearie dragon to have additive value with evergreen aura… armor increase to compensate for the base value nerf

1 Like

Regarding the PotM, I would like to add one thing. Allow the Owls she creates to permanently attach to trees like the Sentinel ability.

I also like the the reforestation ability idea for KotG, though it might present a problem with hiding buildings in trees so the radius would have to be rather small. Moving to the thorns aura, I would actually like it if it also provided melee units a bonus to their damage like Trueshot Aura does for ranged. Thematically it makes sense, wrapping thorns around the treants hands as they bash the enemy, same with things like Druid of the Claw and Hippogryphs (Would also give a choice between using Trueshot one moment and then using Thorns at another if the archers are better used elsewhere)