Night Elf Archer. Why?

2 Likes

Obviously it’s the ‘Dark Ranger’ model AKA in this particular colour scheme it represents Shandris.
No doubt Sylvannas shares the same model but high elf skinned in the ROC undead campaign and Banshee skinned in the TFT undead campaign.

I think that is still a good point to make.

Despite it being the Dark Ranger model, it’s possible that they may recolor this for other Ranger models, like Shandris. We still don’t know the extent of what custom models we would be getting, and what models may be simple recolors. There were at 3 Ranger reskins in WC3; the High Elf Ranger Sylvanas, the Dark Ranger Sylvanas, and the Night Elf Shandris.

1 Like

No they already said that they are goinf hardcore with custom models.

Like having murlocs seperate from ghouls and making them each unique.

Now we dont know the extent of the unique.

1 Like

Then clearly that model they showed in the teaser is JUST Shandris, not the Dark Ranger because her skin is too purple and armour too… night elfy and there was some internal miscommunication because no matter how you look at it, that model is NOT the Dark Ranger without some tweaks to the textures.

It’s not Shandris. It’s confirmed twice that it is the Dark Ranger. Two different sources. I linked one above, and the other is from Ryan on Discord.

3 Likes

I know they said that, but that still doesn’t make any sense though if they ALSO are making a full custom model for each character without just reskinning.
It has to be one or the other. Either that is Shandris (who uses the X Ranger model) along with other ‘Ranger’ characters.
OR It’s Shandris’ unique model and some dolt mistook it for the Dark Ranger when responding to clarify that it’s not the Archer.

It can’t be the Dark Ranger with that texture, because that is clearly a night elf and part of the night elf promo, not a neutral tavern hero.

Dark Rangers have grey-blue skin, red eyes and monochromatic armour. And are not part of the Night Elf Faction.

So my bet is on option A: The “Ranger Model” that the Dark Ranger also uses, and this is just the Night Elf texture, as used by Shandris.

Well it doesn’t make sense that they put that image up only to take it down either.

I’m pretty sure it’s blatantly clear that we saw something we weren’t supposed to, and the explanation either way is no less confusing.

Honestly there’s no real point to speculating further, because it still makes no sense either way.

If it were Shandris and they gave her purple skin for that purpose then there’s no reason to keep her face masked, to give her glowing eyes or for her not to have Team Color either. Hell, they’re still missing the cloak as well.

The more likely scenario is that they used the Dark Ranger model as a placeholder for the page’s composition. That’s it.

It doesn’t make any more sense to have Shandris be featured on the Night Elf units page. It would make sense if it were intended as a posed placeholder for a future Archer render, and that this image was meant for internal use only and not for the public to see.

1 Like

That sounds equally if not more plausible indeed.

That image is a screencap from the World of Warcraft original cinematic, where the Night Elf druid lady finds a sword on the ground, then proceeds to run through the forest and turn into a panther.

Night Elves archers in pants??? :weary:

I was thinking that Warcraft 3 reforged supposed to make game better, not worse.

Dark rangers have red eyes.

1 Like

I have a question. Is Shandris this popular because you all remember her appearance in 1.5 missions in RoC, or is it because of WoW?

But their magic is purple/shadow. Isn’t bright purple close to red?

1 Like

No but Shandris is the only character who I’d expect to look like that and it’s exactly because she’s so insignificant to WC3 I expect her to just be a dark ranger recolour.

As for purple eyes vs red eyes. Purple as eye colour is generally associated with arcane casters, along with blue. Shadow magic, despite being represented by very dark purple and black, generally actually has it’s practitioners with red or a pale yellow eyes.

Shadow is not Void.

2 Likes

Now I quite like Pyromancer… but the Chronicle, the “wow bible” of Blizzard itself DIRECTLY contradicts him here.
xttps://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/f/fd/TheCosmicForces-WoWChronicleSample.png/revision/latest?cb=20160313175241
Shadow and Void are definitely the same.

HOWEVER… despite that, you are correct in at least insinuating Dark Rangers don’t use Shadow OR Void magic. They use Death Magic, which is different.
So yes, you were right to correct me, but you didn’t correct me properly.
Regardless, Death Magic practitioners have never been depicted with purple eyes either, and those, as I incorrectly labeled earlier, do have Red/Baleful Yellow eyes generally.

(Shadow/Void magic users tend towards black.)

3 Likes

Please, use either x_https or https.

1 Like

Eye color is purely aeathetics unless its specifically stated to be lore-based, like BE green eyes, Illidan golden eyes or Night Warrior black eyes.

Dark Ranger eye color is whatever Blizz wants it to be.

2 Likes

Despite that it has consistently been red in Warcraft 3 and WoW. Every Dark Ranger has red eyes, changing that now seems incredibly inconsistent with their dedication to preserving the look and feel of a unit.

1 Like

Consistent until you’ve seen the green eyed Dark Rangers that also exist in WoW.

1 Like

What if it was just a skin? :thinking:

2 Likes