Night Elf Archer. Why?

(post withdrawn by server moderator, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

what about this archer, i like it, and the druid is kinda like the reforged we got withouth the horns X_https://c.wallhere.com/photos/f3/38/elves_Night_Elves_World_of_Warcraft_fantasy_art_Malfurion_Tyrande-152757.jpg!d

1 Like

That archer is confirmed as the Dark Ranger.

3 Likes

check my link (2342342424242 20chars recuired) :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m more interested in seeing the dryad than the archer.

Nothing wrong with bikini wear as tribes around the world have made it practical for themselves. I would love it if the feather decor meant something more. Humans wear armor like lobsters, but what if the elves wore it like birds? What if all those feathers functioned like the Stymphalian Birds from Greek mythology. Feathers as hard as steel yet agile in movement.

4 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Edit: grammar mistake. Happens when English is not one’s mother tongue

2 Likes

SHE clap IS clap A clap DARK clap RANGER clap SYLVANAS clap ANYONE?

1 Like

A clap DARK cap RANGER clap YES clap BUT clap NOT clap SYLVANAS clap OUR clap QUEEN clap IS clap MUCH clap MUCH clap MORE clap GLORIOUS clap :grin:

2 Likes

Did they take it back off? Don’t see it on the website anymore

3 Likes

You won’t believe it, but the lady was a Dark Ranger as per Blizzard agent dude’s communiqué on Discord.

7 Likes

what discord? So they made a big oopsie showcasing a dark ranger instead of the actual night elf units for the night elf reveal? lmao that’s incompetence

1 Like

It wasn’t supposed to be uploaded publicly to begin with.

Here’s my take on what happened.

• The marketting team asks for a bunch of character poses to put up on the site. Lemonsky provides a bunch of renders, including the Dark Ranger.

• They look at all the material and layout the Night Elf page. The Archer poses are good, but maybe they like the Dark Ranger renders better

• They put the posed Dark Ranger in the composition and use it as a placeholder to show ‘Hey, can you do an Archer render in this pose’.

• Someone ‘accidentally’ uploads to main site.

That’s how I could see something like this happen. Marketting teams aren’t known for their lore accuracy, they’re there to make things look presentable and nice. Make sure the font is easy on the eyes, make sure the characters they show are cool and iconic.

4 Likes

Accidentaly? That’s impossible, to upload a picture on the main page of warcraft 3 it tooks a lot of steps…which means accident is out of reason, maybe stupidity to missunderstand his boss…who knows something about site administrating, a picture doesn’t show up accidentaly somewhere

It more looks like they just wanted to show a picture for a day to see how people will react to the NE art than deleted…

It’s why I put it in quotation marks.

The official response we’ve gotten from any Blizzard employee/associate is that it was mistakenly uploaded.

I would figure it could be more of an intentional leak, though if it were intentional then I still don’t know why you would put a Dark Ranger there.

If it were intentional, why go out of the way to make themselves look even more incompetent?

1 Like

maybe cause they are incompetent? dunno really, we’ll never know the truth sadly, or maybe that’s the truth as they said, but we can never be sure of it

This is happend to see ur reaction on model they already did but not sure of it. thats all. then they say - it was mistake. and… done.

well if that’s the case… dark ranger didn’t look undead enough, the skin looked pink like a a regular alive night elf… are we fine with that look? Personally, i’m not

also the paladin looked weird to me from the first minute i saw him, as i said back then “take the Lordaeron emblem off and think if you saw him in a vacuum, would you think Warcraft?”

1 Like

Did blizzard tell us that the image wasn’t of an Archer? Or is this an assumption? Tbh that image didn’t look like a dark ranger to me, and it makes no sense to show a dark ranger for one of the night elf units. That unit could logically only be an archer unless there’s another bow-wielding unit for ne… But it doesn’t look like the classical archer at all.

It’s Blizzard confirmed.

Would you happen to have a link for me? I missed it.