Newly Brought WC3 Reforged can't login and not in Library

Hi there,

I would like some help or advice with my game. I recently brought Warcraft 3: Reforged Spoils of War to play with a friend. To get straight to the point (sorry I don’t mean any sass or rudeness) is that it won’t show up in My Games and when I do download it via the download games tab in the account setting, it shows and error when trying to login showing: “There was an error in handling the request”, in which after I try to login in and it keeps throwing that. Since buying it, I have gone through quiet a few post and tried a lot to get this to work. Also of quick note, I have not owned a version of Warcraft 3 ever (I am sure no old keys would be involved in this problem).

To start off, at the time of this post, I brought it yesterday. I brought the game and tried to download it but it just kept saying buy the game. I go to the shop page of the battlenet app and the In Library button its cancelled out. I tried to look for a solution to download it and I found I just have to download it by going into the app in an un-logged-in state (I think its continue without logging in option). I downloaded it and then ran the game and it gave the error of “There was an error in handling the request”.

I tried to login but it keeps throwing the error. I double checked my account and Warcraft 3 reforged is active on my account and payment went through and it shows complete in the transaction history. I try to change my password and that does not work (restarting app and all). If I remember right, I downloaded the frozen throne (and I think I uninstalled before I did that) and it still doesn’t work. I think I tried again and with Reigns of chaos as well and it still doesn’t work.

Today I uninstalled and then ran the install for normal reforged, frozen throne and reign of chaos and it still didn’t work (each without uninstalling). Recently at the time of this post, I am uninstalling the game and blizzard app trying to remove data from app data folders and temp folders and then reinstall the blizzard client to see if that works. WC3 still does not show in my library under My Games. I am now trying to reinstall it one more time and will use all three installs for WC3 but seeing as it is not shown in my games, I don’t have too much hope this will work. I am out of ideas here and searched through a few post but couldn’t find an answer that could help me, at least not yet. I also switched to the beta version of the app to see if it would update the library and to know avail.

I am at a loss at the moment and not sure what to do. I know this problem relates to licensing (license of owning the game) but I brought it and I am sure it’s all through and done. I noticed in a few post I saw and now looking at the store page it says “Instant access to classic Warcraft® III (Reign of Chaos® and The Frozen Throne®)” but I have tried to download those games through the blizzard website and no avail. Would anyone or technical staff have any thoughts or solutions?

Small edit here: Still bust, can’t login in in the game still and it’s still not showing in my games.

1 Like

Hey NeonReaper,

I checked your Battle.net account and it does show that you own the Warcraft 3: Reforged license, so everything looks good on the account itself. Based on what you’re seeing it sounds more like there’s an issue with the Battle.net app on your PC not seeing the license like it should be.

In the Battle.net app try switching to the Americas region or switch to a different region than what you normally log in to. This can be changed in the drop down when logging in, above where you enter your email address. Try launching the game when logged into the other region, then if it works you can swap back to your normal region.

Something else you could try would be to create a new administrator account in Windows, then see if you can log into the game while under that new Windows user account.

Hopefully one of those ends up helping!

1 Like

Thank you very very much, this has helped me. I did the first solution and it showed in my library and although I launched it, it gave me the connection error I mentioned earlier, but after doing a couple stuff, I am now able to run the game and reach the menu, Thank you so much Jambrix. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I don’t know if it is of note, but I wanted to give a heads up just in case for any other people who did solution 1 but ran into an error “There was an error in handling the request” again like me:
The first solution worked for showing the game in my Library so I logged out again and switched back regions but it went back to weirdly to not showing. So trying the other region again, I tried to log in and got that error. I tired to log in a couple times. So then I not only downloaded and installed frozen throne and reign of chaos again while in that region, I also set up the battle.net Authenticator app for my first time (which logged me out of my desktop app and I logged in again) and tried the game again and I was successfully able to login finally and see the menu. I don’t know if the extra steps actually helped at all (or where necessary) but I was finally able to launch the game properly and get to the menu screen.
Once again, thank you Jambrix :+1:

Sometimes I"ve found that, particularly when I open battle.net on a new PC, that games on my account have showed up as not being owned, but when I run the manual install on the website or use the locate the game button (since it was already on the drive i moved to the new PC) it would then work afterward.

Hello, i have the same Problem. I Try it out but for me it Resets back to “Normal” :frowning: any other tipps ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.