New patch with ladder & profiles on Wednesday?

So… You guys launched a (useless) patch 25 days ago.

You said you will be patching monthly. You also said ladder and profiles are on high priority. Logically speaking this would mean that in a few days you guys are releasing the ladder & our long-awaited profiles?

Sorry you did not get the post-reading experience you wanted by the way :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Although I agree that things are going pretty bad.
I think because of the current World theme. We can give you a few months of space.

Although … it would be great to inform us of the subject.

6 Likes

An other 5 GO patchs with models change and minor improvement.

Model changes are necessary, as Reforged is supposed to look great.

2 Likes

Speak for yourself.

Have you been notified of their progress as they said they would prior to releasing the content? No. Guess what, you’re not getting your useless ladder and profiles :rofl:

Give it another few months, it will be out

I’ll be real, I think things would be better if they didn’t keep us in the dark. But that’s not the devs vault. They simply don’t have control over that. Also doesn’t help that covid 19 is taking over the world.

The latest patches on hots were on:

2020-04-14
2020-04-06
2020-03-17

and they had much more in the past.

Why they cant bring 1 patch with the features we all want but have the capazity to spam hots with tons of patches.

So… You guys launched a (useless) patch 25 days ago.

people fantasized ladder & profiles for last patch too.

dont hope for anything at all, blizzard will let you down in some way or another, thats the only thing guaranteed.

1 Like

HotS team and Reforged team share members. This may cause that.

My company is the largest that does taxes for telecommunication companies in the USA…our job did not slow down nor did we stop working because we had to work from home. Amazingly, people can still communicate while not in an office together. Stop using that as an excuse. I talked to my mom this weekend and she lives 3000 miles away from me…it wasn’t done with magic and witchcraft.

2 Likes

I’m working too. but a delay of a few weeks is acceptable.
the only thing acceptable in all W3R

That is the thing. They literally have a free out with the COVID-19 situation and could release a statement to say something like, “Zug zug, we know we promised monthly patches, but due to complications that have arisen from the COVID-19 pandemic, the patches will be released at a later time. We reiterate our commitment to this game, blah blah blah and we continue to be sorry for you not having the experience you wanted (last part was sarcastic).” This kind of statement would genuinely be an understandable excuse given the state of the world.
However, Blizzard hasn’t released anything since their last patch outside of some half-baked MMR update (which from my experience has not been implemented as I find I still get paired regularly with people who are playing their first game or are extremely new to the game).
Blizzard’s continued lack of communication and reluctance to commitment to any kind of timeline on this game 3 months after release with respect to adding the features the game should have been released with anyway (ladder, tournaments, clans, profiles etc.), illustrates that Blizzard truly does not care about this game nor its fan base and that fixing the game and giving it the features it should have been released with anyway is at the bottom of Blizzard’s priority list. It has become abundantly clear to me that this botched remaster was done only to capitalize on the nostalgia of the original fan base, many of whom would be loyal to the game to a fault, in order to pad their bottom line for a quarter. Not that blizzard cares, but if they fail to patch this game within the month as they promised, I will be taking a long hiatus from this game and I expect many others will as well. What could have been a hugely profitable release for Blizzard has become the ultimate case study for how not to release a Remaster and the how to guide for how to poison your entire brand with one release. I will not be touching another blizzard game for as long as I live.

4 Likes

I came to the forums out of curiosity, to see if people were still even talking about this mess of a game. It’s so sad to see people still have hope of them patching and improving the game with the features they promised.

:frowning:

2 Likes

We have been waiting for W4 for 15 years.
We can wait 1 year before we lose hope.

I think ladder won’t even come in the next 6 months

I am really hoping for a third naga update.
It would be the best troll from the developers. :smiley:

1 Like

I never even stopped going to work, me and one naive guy, even though I was offering him time to change with others who are staying home all the time. I only did it cause I know the poor guy will have a lot to handle by himself from office. But my team lead… isnt a good leader at all… I have to remind him how we have been for 2 months same people going.

And it depends on the job but I can say with certainty if some of my co-s work even 2 hours out of 8 and get paid the same… while playing games and what not from home. From home one can be efficient if really takes it seriously but can be super lazy too. In my case, I dont buy that people work as hard from home as someone in an office. One even admitted to getting distracted with other stuff.

But I agree since they outsource stuff (art) they can do from distance a lot.

People keep forgetting there is a big difference between having an actual work from home job and suddenly changing your entire environment to now work at home unexpectedly. But don’t worry all the people who are suddenly working from home have plenty of time to be on game forums telling everyone how they are just as productive :slight_smile: .

All the people I work with are complaining about productivity going down and having a harder time working without access to their offices (and we allowed work from home before any of this). People also keep forgetting that normally you wouldn’t also have all the worries of a world wide crisis, kids not being at school, etc. Things being outside of normal causes a loss in productivity, really it should be expected.