New model is great, but terrain is terrible

It doesn’t “legally” have to come out by December, unless you can quote the direct law or something. Even if so, it may be void if the company announces an extension or something.

If it isn’t ready, I’m willing to wait an extra month or two for it to be solid.

1 Like

I would happily wait another year for them to get it right. The beta looks rushed to me.

1 Like

I don’t see a problem for them to release Reforged by December with some flaws, which they fix in later patches :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually “legally” they do, whether you have an opinion or not. If they do not deliver the game by the set release date (31/12 or before) they will have to refund the game to all those whom have pre-ordered.

I think there is no shaders effects yet.
The Blizzcon demo showed better graphics so…
And the buildings are too bright

the tree is kinda fine but agreed that terrain is like crap city !

Where is your source? What I understood there is some law, but none of it says they have to release it by the end of December. I think the law just says that there has to be a release date announced when the pre-orders are made available. It says nothing that you couldn’t move or delay the release date.

In my opinion the terrain is perfect. I am worried about the models being too shaded and blended togheder. I dont see why you re worried about buildings being too bright etc. After u stop fapping on graphics and decide to play a serious game you’ll find yourself not recognizing what units are what in big battles. Imo shaders needs to be tuned down, more vibrant color patches need to be added to the unit models to allow more recognizability.

agree, terrain really looks bad. hope they will put more work into that

5 Likes

maybe you are right and its not finished but i can also see this being intentional. If you look at games like LoL they also designed their map very simple with very specific colors so that the focus can stay on units and spells. It can distract a lot if you have a very detailed and colorful map

I completely agree with you. The models do not match up with the terrain at ALL. I think blizzard is pandering to the pros’ tastes(or lack thereof) too much.

2 Likes

There is detail, and then their is detail. They don’t need to have amazing looking waterfalls and features everywhere on multiplayer competitive maps that discrat from the game-play. However, putting some effort into the grass, dirt and trees etc isn’t exactly asking for much.

The terrain looks very similar to WC3 graphics, but with high resolution models slapped over the top…they simply don’t line up which creates this weird visual discrepancy.

This is classic ‘new’ Blizzard, attention to detail is no longer a priority. They are simply trying to rush this game out before Christmas / New Year.

2 Likes

The terrain is fine.

No it does not. It looks out of place when compared to the new unit models.

2 Likes

No, it looks like WC3! Neither a mod nor bland and depressive SC2!

I dont know what is looks like, but i know it’s discordant, it’s not beautiful.

1 Like

It looks like they have spent 5mins updating the terrain.

1 Like

Absolutely not.

People: Too much details, unable to follow fights
Also people: MORE DETAILS, SHADOWS, EFFECTS

The terrain really doesn’t interfere with battles IMO. If it does, its not hard to turn off a whole bunch of graphics settings to dull it all down.

At the same time it doesn’t have the level of detail I would have expected. Very limited transitions around buildings, jagged connections with buildings and a general lack of shadow effects. The units and terrain just feel different, like they had a different studio designing them or something.

1 Like