New legacy models for new alternative heros?

As far as I understand there will be a possibility to choose a new gender variation for old heroes. This makes sense i guess for reforged, but will there be made new models/skins for all heroes inn legacy wc3, or can you end up with a TC named Sarah using the old model?

We donā€™t know if this is going to be the case for each hero. So far, if I remember correctly, I remember reading about Death Knights and Demon Hunters possibly getting female variations.

I sincerely hope that they are ā€˜skinsā€™ that we can choose like in StarCraft II. Iā€™m all for gender equality and female representation, but I am a male that prefers to play with male characters if I am given the option. Having a chance to spawn a male or female hero isnā€™t a deal-breaker for me, but it would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

There are certain heroes that I donā€™t see getting female or male variations:

• Mountain King
  • Blademaster
  • Farseer
  • Tauren Chieftain
  • Shadow Hunter
  • Lich
  • Crypt Lord
  • Dreadlord
  • Keeper of the Grove
  • Priestess of the Moon
  • Warden

I could be wrong, but weā€™ll see.

Valid points. But I did not intend to start that discussion.

What I would like to start a discussion about tho is about devs having to spend their time on models and textures for legacy graphics to keep up with the new reforged ones.

Well, in WoW lore, the leader of Burning Blade clan was a female Blademaster.
Chieftain of the Highmountain Tauren is female.
There are female Shadow Hunters, I think.
There is a female Lich boss in ICC
Not sure about the rest.

2 Likes

Why on earth would they do that?

Also, Iā€™m pretty sure they are not going to make new models for Classic WC3.

Edit: Okay, maybe I was a bit hesitant. Now that I think of it, I actually realized your point. And itā€™s actually a valid one. My guess is they will have their names changed for Classic players, as in the classic player will probably see a different proper name than the Reforged player, who will see the ā€œrealā€ name. After all, I donā€™t think the proper name matters that much in a melee game, that it would cause confusion between players.

Yeah, that was indeed the point I was trying to make!

Now think of all the metadata that has to bloody work, just for the replays and all to support both old wc3 and new.

And this thread was never meant to question anything about extra gender support for heroes other than from a technical perspective. Not about lore or anything else.

I donā€™t see the point to re-do old@ss models just to genderswap them

Actually Warden may get a male version.

Blade master female? Hmm, it can be fun :smiley: