New Hero/Unit Multiplayer Updates?

Hello all - I think its no surprise that the Reforged release wasn’t exactly what folks were hoping for or expecting. Not going to rehash that. But, perhaps it would be beneficial for Blizzard to release a massive content booster update. That would give intended value to those that purchased this, but more importantly to corporate Blizzard, it would entice others to finally purchase it. There’s several ideas I have to single player that range from cutscene overhaul, to achievements, but I think the multiplayer spectrum might be more fun to explore. To that end, here’s what I was thinking. Maybe Blizzard will read this and spark interest, but likely 99.99999% not

• 2 New Heroes per Race, for a max of 6 possible heroes per Race. The Tavern has enough heroes as it is. This is to really mix up the hero compositions. I have a few rough thoughts what they would be, just some rough draft ideas:

New Human Hero 1: Ranger (High Elf race).
Ability 1: Track - Marks a targeted enemy unit, giving it sight to you and takes increased damage and magic damage.
Ability 2: Arcane Arrows - Deals bonus damage each hit. If it hits a unit with mana, burns that mana away as extra damage.
Ability 3: Ranger Scouting - Passive. Gains bonus vision and attack range.
Ultimate: Imbued Archery - Temporarily gains +50% movement and attack speed.

New Human Hero 2: Inventor (Gnome race).
Ability 1: Pocket Tower - Creates a mini mechanical tower that fires siege bolts. Each tower lasts 60 seconds with a 15 second cooldown.
Ability 2: Mecha Golem - Creates a mechanical servant that can attack. Servant can also repair, build, and cut lumber at 4x the rate.
Ability 3: Energy Siphon - Targets a friendly unit and drains 75% of current mana. For every 100 mana received, all cooldowns are reduced.
Ultimate: Siegebreaker - Constructs an immobile war machine that fires devastating cannons at a long distance.

New Orc Hero 1: Warlord (Orc race).
Ability 1: War Order - Selects a single unit as the victim, increasing unit attack speed towards only that target. Only one target can exist at a time.
Ability 2: Poisoned Strike - Throws a poisoned sidearm at a target unit, stunning it briefly periodically for a time.
Ability 3: War Shout - Boosts morale in a battle cry that grants a small bonus to movement and attack speed, as well as increased damage for melee units only.
Ultimate: Rend - Passively gives a 35% chance to deal 100 bonus damage to a non hero or level 5+ creep

New Orc Hero 2: Shaman (Tauren race).
Ability 1: Stoned Skin - Imbues a unit with a huge bonus to armor, but slows movement speed by a huge amount.
Ability 2: Cursed Shield - Grants a unit invulnerability for a time, but cuts current life in half.
Ability 3: Force Aura - Increases attack and spell casting range passively.
Ultimate: Seismic Shock - Unleashes a fissure under the ground towards a target. Any unit, enemy or ally, takes damage per second and becomes stunned for a random amount of time.

New Undead Hero 1: Skeleton King (Undead Human race).
Ability 1: Sword of Sorrow - Throws a huge sword that impales a targeted unit for damage. The unit is stunned. If the Skeleton King approaches the unit before it recovers, it will steal additional life.
Ability 2: Necromantic Pulse - Curses a targeted area. Any corpse that is created will be turned into a Skeletal Minion.
Ability 3: Essence Steal - Passively grants the Skeleton King a personal lifesteal and manasteal on each attack. (Mana stolen is not burned, but drained)
Ultimate: Undying - Upon death, absorbs all skeleton warriors and mages in an area around the Skeleton King. Each skeleton absorbed revives the Skeleton King with +25 HP and +10 MP. Any skeleton that doesn’t restore health or mana to the Skeleton King for his rebirth is left alive.

New Undead Hero 2: Wraith (Undead Elf/Banshee race).
Ability 1: Ghosts of Sorrow - Summons ghosts that deal damage and has a feedback burn ability for mana.
Ability 2: Confusion - Curses a targeted area that confuses all enemy units into randomly attacking a nearby unit, be it friend or foe, for a short duration. Cursed units cannot be ordered to halt attacks until the duration is done.
Ability 3: Mind Control - Takes control of a targeted unit or Level 5 and under creep for a duration. If the unit is attacked, the mind control is lost. Only one unit can be mind controlled at a time.
Ultimate: Poltergeist - Channels dozens of ghosts in a targeted area that deal damage and throws enemies across a short distance, causing brief stuns.

New Night Elf Hero 1: Ancient Spirit (Night Elf/Wisp Race).
Ability 1: Soul Chain - Tethers the spirit to a targeted unit or hero, sharing a percentage of damage. The Spirit’s current HP and MP regen is applied ontop of the unit/heroes regen.
Ability 2: Stasis Prison - Attaches the spirit to a targeted enemy unit that immobilizes it and deals damage to both HP and MP. The Spirit cannot move or attack while attached to the unit.
Ability 3: Null Field - Channels a magic nullifying field around the spirit that slowly drains enemy mana and deals damage per second to summoned units.
Ultimate: Sacrifice - Detonates the Spirit hero, causing death. Deals a huge amount of damage in a large area.

New Night Elf Hero 2: Guardian (Night Elf/Treant Race).
Ability 1: Spirit of the Forest - Turns the Guardian into a simple tree that cannot be directly attacked. While in this form the Guardian gains HP regen. If a worker or Siege weapon attacks the tree, the form is lost.
Ability 2: Thorned Armor - Covers a targeted unit in thick thorns, granting bonus armor and melee return damage for a duration. Stacks ontop of Keeper’s Thorns Aura.
Ability 3: Rooted Strike - Passively grants the Guardian a % chance to immobilize a target in vines upon attack that also deals damage per second while immobilized. Rooted units can still cast spells.
Ultimate: Call of the Treant - Targets a large area of trees. Each tree grants the Guardian a bonus to health, armor, and damage. Size of the Guardian is also increased for every 5 trees absorbed. Each size increase slows the Guardian’s movement speed.

I would also like to see new units per race, although I don’t have any specifics in mind. However, I would also like to see these units combined with an update to balance changes that would stop the common builds for the races that are the “easiest” for people to build. These common builds include:

• Human: Archmage - Footmen, spellcasters. Later Knights/Grpyhons become unstoppable.
  • Orc: Far Seer or Blademasters, Trolls, Spirit Walkers, Tauren (Or Raiders)
  • Undead: Death Knight, Spiders, Destroyers, Abominations. (The most common/annoying build seen in 80% of games)
  • Night Elf: Demon Hunters, Dryads, Bears (The second most annoying build)

I’d like to see more desirable builds and combinations

6 Likes

You would probably have to create a map with these as a proof of concept. Just typing these words won’t help make it a reality.

1 Like

Dude, you are reaching for the stars. How about we just get our old features back first. Ladder, profiles, clans…

7 Likes

This forum is filled with great ideas. Unfortunately, Blizzard does not appear to be listening.

8 Likes

If only OP worked for Blizzard, I am sure WC3 Reforged would sell like hot cakes.

Of course balance is important if new Heroes or Units are added.

2 Likes

There are things currently much more needed than new heros or units in general.

Need to be READDED

• Ladder
  • Profiles
  • Clansystem
  • No laggy menu
  • Ingame cups

Nice to have

• Ladder WITH mmr ranks
  • Story cutscenes like in the teasers of blizzcon
  • Some kind of achievement system (online/offline)
  • Reforged graphics style changed to HEROES OF THE STORM style
  • w3booster like Interface with timer and stuff (ofc with an on/off switch if needed)
  • Streaming support for streamlabs/obs etc. for max fps
  • prizepools with donations for ingame cups (donate for the pot and the winner gets the pot)
  • Make the chatrooms great again…
  • Seasonal map updates (christmas style, spring etc.)
  • Unit assets skins like a new sword for the blademaster or christmas hat for panda etc.
  • New creepcamps or maybe new items

And the most needed thing

ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THE GAME

3 Likes

This is great to have. But imo I think the models alone are really good.

I liked the chicken footprints to be honest

3 Likes

I agree. They need to give us what they promised but I don’t think it will ever happen.

Eight more heroes is just what this game needs. The proverbial fat kid cannon balling into the deep end of the pool where the rest of the game is already drowning. Bring it on.