Neutral Hero Concept: The Goblin Boss

Just a quick ideia I had today. Always open to discuss what concept here could break or fit the game.

Neutral Hero: The Goblin Boss

Model: close to Gallywix, Goblin Prince

Stats: low HP, low attack, INT meele hero.

General Concept: he is not focused on fight, but can gain little extra XP by staying close to peons or workers as they collect resources.

Skills:

Work for me! Summon a goblin that can harvest gold or lumber for you, and even fight. More levels, more goblins.

Gold/Lumber Rush: Raise the production of nearby workers. Can work as a Roar only for peons/wisps. More levels, more time.

Protect me! Summon a goblin tower (coul be weaker than an standard watch tower). More levels, less mana cost and cooldown.

(Not so) Fast Exp (ultimate): Raise a Main Hall (orcs/humans), Tree of Life (elfs) or a Haunted Goldmin (Undead).

What you guys think?

2 Likes

Cool concept. Would work in a more macro orientated variant of WC3

Have you made a prototype of this? Would be cool to test it out.

One thing that bothers me though: The Haunted Goldmine would essentially give an undead player infinite gold without having to put themselves at risk beyond getting to lvl 6 (Which is already rendered a moot point by the hero being able to gain passive XP by just sitting in base).

I don’t think he meant an actual goldmine out of thin air. Just like when an Acolyte builds a haunted goldmine, it’d have to be over an existing goldmine that’s not under another player’s control.

The passive XP issue could be addressed by not giving passive XP after reaching level 5. So that just like with any other hero, you’d have to kill an enemy player’s units to level up further. Although in RoC you could keep leveling without killing an enemy player’s units, but RoC didn’t have taverns.