My PC keeps crashing

I only play reforged 1v1 multiplayer, and reforged keeps crashing Graphic Card every match. I played 500, and all of sudden I cant even finish 1 match.

I am not sure do I have virus, or just warcraft is bugging my PC badly.

Anyone have same experience lately?

Update:
I did made fresh copy of Windows(no potential viruses), Reforged keeps crashing my Graphic Card in middle of the game.
:frowning:

Reforged either dces you or crash you or prevents you from hosting games.

Sounds like a potential hardware fault. As user space applications like Warcraft III cannot really force the operating system to crash.

Troubleshoot number 1 is my computer overheating? I would check this first as it links playing wc3 to the computer turning off.

insufficient RAM or something is overheating and your computer shuts off as a safety measure, maybe? have you dusted the inside of the case recently?

edit: could also be a RAM stick that isn’t fully seated or something. If you have cleaned the case recently and removed the RAM, you may have not reseated the RAM completely.

I was getting PC crashing no matter which program I was using.
My PC then began to shut off spontaneously and at random; I found it was my PSU that was failing.
Now with new PSU installed, no more crashing and no more power downing.

reforged lag

Here is the solution:

Insufficient RAM will not cause a computer to shutoff. If the Kernel runs out of free memory then a BSoD will occur with an appropriate error code. By the time the kernel runs out of memory it is highly likely that most user space applications will either be frozen or have crashed due to insufficient memory.

Topic creator did not specify if they are suffering from their computer shutting off when playing, or BSoDing when playing. An example of shutting off would be if PSU overcurrent protection gets tripped. An example of BSoD would be due to a driver crash. They will need to describe the symptoms in more detail for more relevant advice.

He said his whole PC crashes. Idk, I take that to mean that his computer…crashes. Either BSOD or shutoff. And yea, you’re right about insufficient RAM. I was thinking more along the lines of RAM sticks not fully-seated or something.

You’re right that he’ll have to describe, in more detail, what happens.

ram is compsated for with disk space(virtual memory) so, if ram is used up, there will be a lot more harddrive activity. that does however cause slowdowns but, not crashes. some pcs however is released with power supplies that is too weak for the hardware. i do not however know what it does if hardware tries to draw too much power but, i suspect that it might cause a crash. as for ram not being fully seated: that prevents the system from using the ram at all.

Usually it trips the overcurrent protection in the PSU. This makes the computer seem to just turn itself off spontaneously. The OS will also log this as a power interrupt event.

I dont have hardware issues, it is Reforged related.
I play various games that require beast mode of hardware, none of them make any issues.

I even made a new topic with another update:

That sounds as a typical GPU overheating.
I had the same issue once with a NVidia card and it was a driver related problem.
There are programs to check the temperature of your gpu under stress, they are free, try one of those and see what happens. The fact that it doesn’t happen with WoW is simply because WoW has been made by proper programmers maybe^^

Something is wrong with Reforged, that is the fact. Some people say that is temperature related, driver or my aunt Merry, well it is not. You guys(forum people) are tripping balls that I was born yesterday and that I don’t know what is what. I have 25 years of experience with computers.

only 25? got a long way to go it seems…

We gave you some hints, it’s up to you to use them.
According to your original question the halting problem is the one that fits most.

Simple as that my GPU is not overheating. Rofl

Cannot compare one game to the other due to them generating different workloads. Run TES Oblivion on a 8800 GT and it works perfectly when running maxed out, but run StarCraft II on the 8800 GT and if it has stock cooling it will either crash or the VRM will literally explode. Many other non-Blizzard games will do the same now but StarCraft II was the first well known and most notorious one. Newer GPUs have protection built in to handle this kind of workload safely.

User level applications cannot accidently make a system unstable or crash. If it appears they do then there is something wrong with the system, be it hardware or drivers.

Have you tried a graphic driver update? Might also be worth power limiting it to test if it is a power delivery or VRM issue. The amount of power a GPU uses varies depending on the workload being run with some games hitting GPU bottlenecks without the GPU getting that warm while others the GPU is power, current or thermal throttling heavily. An example of this is the “power virus” stress test furmark which is often used for overclock stability testing due to its tendency to load GPUs to their maximum power capabilities in a way few gaming workloads get close.

My pc crashed while i was in daemonic sword

how many fans do your graphics card have? i have had 2 graphics cards with only 1 fan crash.