More Playable Races?

if there’s one thing i’d put everything I have on, it’s that there wont’ be a new race added for COMPETITIVE warcraft 3 reforged…

First, it’s a remaster, not a new expansion. It’s in the name reforged - it’s just remastering the original game(s)…a remaster isn’t brand new content.

I think they’ve already shown some possibilities with new playable races in custom maps (they added a bunch of Blood Elf units), which is cool…if you’re into custom maps and campaign and such…

But look how difficult it is to balance 4 races. This game has been out since 2003 btw. Think a 5th with the smallest team in the company is going to happen? No way…

If warcraft 4 was to ever come out, i wouldn’t be surprised if they actually had 3 races like sc2.

1 Like

It’s not a straight remaster. They’re rebuilding most of the campaign from the ground up to tie it in closer with the modern day version of Warcraft lore.

2 Likes

yeah i know, they’re adding a couple side missions and i’ve also heard they might add DLC campaign missions in the future to touch on other WoW related lore stuff like the old gods and titans (which we saw in nerubian missions in tft campaign).

But for the most part this is a remaster. a remaster won’t do anything drastic like add a new race…

I can see them adding a new hero to the tavern or something someday but a race is a game breaking thing that I do not believe they have the resources for…on the classic team.

I mean the art is all outsourced (From a Malaysian company) - that alone should really give you a picture of how many people they actually have working on this project from Blizzard.

I’m just going to echo for the several 100th time of the past few days:
Blizzard is not going to add a 5th race any time soon.

If we’re lucky, odds of less than 10%, we may get other new content for WC3 in future, and if we’re extremely lucky, odds of less than 1%, they might in future include a new race to play.
Rough estimates but just to give an impression of how much optimism I have for something I’d likely very much enjoy.
Healthy scepticism people, it seems to be lacking in these “5th race” posts.

1 Like

Those two games don’t even use the same engine.
Just cuz the two settings maybe somewhat similar (Fun fact: According to some rumors originally Blizzard wanted to do a Warhammer Fantasy game but Games Workshop pulled out before release due to GW thinking that Blizzard took too many liberties with their IP, as well as Blizzard having had bad experiences with other peoples IPs in the past like with DC Comics) doesn’t mean you can compare the two like that. Unless you’re talking basic concepts of the settings as a whole.

You don’t know what you’re talking about when you say balancing 4 races is hard. That’s like 50 units and 16 heroes, give me a break.

I’m all for seeing a new race.

but frankly it’s not gonna happen.
No matter how much I’d dig playing as that other significant faction y’know that one that’s poised to wipe all life from Azeroth (cough, burning legion…)

Or that “other” race.
Y’know the one that has it’s own hero and buildings that plays a significant role in the blood elves campaign…

But alas even though I would be willing to shell out the cash for such a thing it’s not likely to happen.

What about playable Factions? Vol’jin could be in command a force of Darkspear Trolls. We have plenty of Troll units. Just need to fit them in the right roles and maybe make a Troll worker.

I love the idea of new races, genuine new races like the Naga, dragonkin, or burning legion or hybrid races such as high elves, or fel orc.

The problem is implementation of new models, and models having to have an equivalent to classic (this is a real limitation to reforged to be honest).

I love the idea of new faction heros (no, not tavern heros - some people love them, I do not)

I love the idea of new units in each of the factions as well

I love the idea of providing new abilities or spells to existing units, and changing the economic control of the game so people don’t expand to camp it until they’ve built a bank, but actually can use it aggressively and capitalise on the opponents play, or lack of scouting.

1 Like

Paying Blizzard to kill WC3, lovely.

Do you mean SC2 Co-op mode or Generals: ZH Generals?

No need for new races would ruin the balance, even now the balance got issues and with more races would be even harder too balance,maybe in future with new dlc we got a new race but the problem is how would that destroy the competitve play cause of balance.

1 Like

balance is a blizzard thing. many strategy games not made by blizzard is unbalanced. in red alert for example the soviets is strongest in every area except navy and intellegence where the allies is the strongest.

Whether is 2 races or 10, it’s going to be unbalanced. Why not have more and enjoy more unique races instead of it being the same and just as unbalanced. :wink:

you do have a point.

1 Like

Thats a dumb statement, you would destroy entire esport competitve gaming because you want new races, then play in world editor and add new races, and it’s not true if you have 2 or 10 races that its much easyer too balance 2 matchup then 10+ matchups, thats something dumbest i ever heard, you dont know anything about balance as i can see, you would destroy entire game because of your selfish reasons.

@andreasasp2, thats why red alert is a dead game and it never was a big esport game you said evreything with that post so u want from warcraft too make red alert a dead game? thanks god you guys dont work in blizzard.

1 Like

Lots of name calling yet you provide no evidence with your assumptions. Also what e-sport scene?

Also what e-sport scene?

no comment.

1 Like

Not surprised

red alert is not dead, it is being developed into a new version that is better. red alert however came out long before the esport scene.

rukfa was talking about a specific RA game, not the RA franchise. That RA game with Yuri’s Revenge is dead.

No, it came out right when eSports became a thing, in the early 2000s.

1 Like