Model Editor for Reforged

Aside from Map Editor, is it comes with a Model Editor for Reforged?

4 Likes

There was meant to be at some stage. I am unsure of the status of such feature and it is well possible that if it is implemented it may only happen well after the game has released.

Most people would be happy with an official open source blender plugin or the likes to reliably export/import models.

5 Likes

I definitely remember them mentioning including something like this. But after seeing so much stuff get scrapped from the game, it wouldn’t surprise me if this feature is scrapped too

1 Like

They mentioned something like this would be released before the game shipped.

Since the game’s not shipping until the end of next month, we still have time for them to package it up and send it our way.

There are logs in the game from Blizzard using a tool to export from Maya. Their plan is that they will give you the Maya export plugin at some point, similar to how the 2002 War3 Art Tools were made available as plugins for 3ds Max.

Blizzard giving you a new standalone model editor similar to Magos War3ModelEditor was not ‘scrapped’. It was simply never going to happen to begin with.

That tool was made by a fan. Some guy wanted it so much that he went and made it. You will be able to write your own computer program to make models in the new format. But you might want a degree in computer graphics technology or in computer sciences and software development.

There was some official addon for Discreet 3DS Model Editor back in the day.
http://classic.battle.net/war3/files/

Don’t know if it’s still supported or if it’s outdated.

Thanks for the tip, y’all.

Did the original model editor work for the story campaign?

Let’s say I hate the spiders in the game, could I use the model editor to change them into frogs or something similar?

I haven’t been following the news about this game that much, what has been scrapped from the game so far?

Yea you can change the file they are using in game data to use a different file. That’s pretty easy. When people talk about a model editor for this game they are usually thinking of editing the model data – like if you went to give the spider only 6 legs instead of 8