Missing all my old maps

Howdy! So, I haven’t even bought Reforged, but the game updated itself, and now I can’t find my old maps anywhere :sweat_smile:

Are… are they coming back? Had a lot of old fun projects in there.

1 Like

Nope, they’re gone. Reforged wrote over the Classic folder.

That is really a shame. I noticed it too. I thought Blizzard had said classic would not be affected as much. It appears to be a random thing that happened upon the update as the small communities of the games have not planned for it/did not have a plan for it.
I found that when I clicked the downloads folder, my game froze, so I cant create games.
When I clicked on each of the maps, I had to redownload them again even if I had them in Classic.
Upon downloading them, my game would kick me out of the lobby before I’d even entered and then i’d have to redownload the game again. This last issue is a particularly bad one.

WC3:R also automatically installed over the classic game on my computer, but my custom maps are still there, selectable from the in-game menu even. Mine are located in “C:\Users\my_username\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps”.

All my map are in Documents\warcraft III, so if you have an old version with the map in the main folder try to move them

Sadly, they’re not in Documents. They’re gone.

I was thinking of buying Reforged next paycheck, but this whole debacle with deleting my maps and altering my game without even asking, without even buying the game (thanks for the extra GB I didn’t ask for) is a bit too rude for me.

1 Like

Going to have to agree with Akhan. This whole update thing is completely unasked for. What’s more, we classic players weren’t even alerted that such big changes would be in place for us. I just want to play the original game, not reforged, but it’s like it’s forcing me to with all the errors. I wish Classic was a separate game rather than simply having the ability to switch between the two. The way things have worked have completely changed and that has shaken up the entire community it seems. I’m not even able to play an old version without updating to the latest one.

WC3 is the baby that blizzard dropped on its head