Maybe wanting to buy game

Hello people of the forums, I have searched videos, reviews and all but I am also coming here before making any final decisions whether I am buying it or not.
What i hear is that they polished it up and that’s fine.
Is this game really as buggy as people say? And has that been fixed?
And are there other things I should be aware of that have not been mentioned by people within reviews or videos? And please do not come and spread your hate of the game cause that is not what i will be listening to.

1 Like

It is as buggy as people say. But it appears that on certain PCs and with certain internet connections it does not happen.
But the game can get you disconnected from the campaign.

It has bugs, but playable none the less and stable most of the time, dont listen to hate train

3 Likes

Campaign is the same as it was, maybe slightly better …

Multiplayer, well … I think I played somewhere around 100 games, crashed 0 times and saw someone dc maybe, maybe like 3 times, but lets say it was 10 …

Most of these were bigger maps and games, I dont like playing 1v1 …

Some issues with custom maps, I have crashed a lot trying to play custom games …

If you have the original game, dont buy the new one, if you are fan of the game, well you could buy it, if you never played it and want to try it, definitely go for it, it still one of the most important games to ever happen (warcraft that is, not that remaster) …

And the visual side, well there is definitely graphical upgrade, could have been better … I like most of the models, some are weird, but thats personal preference I think … and you can still play with the old graphics … or I think …

If you are coming back for custom games like dota, no player is using reforged, they all play with normal classic client, so it is a waste of money.
Also consider that even the most elementary features for organizing games are missing, so you need to rely on third party in order to do that.
Oh, and there is no real hosting anymore. Custom games are hosted on battlenet servers that will fail to load the game 1/3 of the times so you have to recreate the whole lobby again.
If you are coming back for the campaign, wait for some mod to be finished because the reforged one is basically some kind of shadow of the original one.
If you come back for ladder, there is no ladder.
I suggest you to wait some several months more.
It’s either they’ll fix it, or they can start to sell this mess for a real price of $4-5…

PS
you can always refund in case.

2 Likes

In short, don’t buy it. I bought it. I couldn’t refund it and I’m telling you not to buy it.

You’ll quickly find out that what you’ve bought is a beta game. If you’re cool with that, then by all means buy it; however, it is FULL of bugs. No, it doesn’t work. The main reason it doesn’t work is because of the desyncs. You’ll be playing a game having a good time and then (BAM!) you’ll get disconnected. No, you won’t receive any sort of a message telling you what just happened. Perhaps you won’t be disconnected at all. Perhaps you’ll just see everyone else get ‘Dr. Evil-red-buttoned’ and you’ll be left by yourself. You’ll be able to tell why everyone else got D/C’d though. A message pops up on the screen "Desync detected. Players dropped: Insert everyone’s name but yours here.

5 Likes

I’m on a Mac (don’t hate people), but I’ve found the game overall stable. There’s a few custom multiplayer maps with desync issues still, and there’s a strange bug that occasionally crashes the game when you try to save single player games (that one is frustrating playing through the campaign because they’ve got autosave points, and sometimes it will kill your game). There’s also a rare bug when playing with Reforged graphics that will give you a really screwed up version of the original graphics but all the units and buildings are invisible. But this happens FAR FAR less than it used to. Only happened once in the last month to me. But otherwise - to be honest - I’ve had a great time with it and very few issues. I really have been enjoying Reforged. If you buy it for what it is, and not for what the Blizzcon Trailer made it look like - you should have a great time with it. (I play mostly single player and custom multiplayer, not the pvp multiplayer so the whole no ladder issue has never affected me.)

1 Like

Hello again, what i can gather from here is that opinions are mixed, that the game still has crashes and thats good to know. And people this may interest you:

So yeah hopefully those bugs are going to be fixed soon :grin:

Upcoming Features
It tells you all the things that are not there and that were in the W3. It still lacks the things they announced from the W3 Reforged.
And all those things more or less had been said 1 or 2 patches ago.

It is more and I am not mistaken since the communication only had a leveling patch. Not one of Bugs or Features

1 Like

If the promised big update is added to the game then buy it.

1 Like

Was that a while back? There was a short span near release when they were denying refunds. But shortly after, they opened it to everyone and it seems to still be available now. There’s a self service page that can do it instantly.

To test it, I was able to get all the way to the last step (I don’t own it so I can’t see if it actually goes through).

Another one mistaking facts as “opinions”

So wait one moment, are you here for asking for advice, or for convincing us that the crap we have already seen everywhere will be “solved soon”?^^

1 Like

I am hoping they fix the bugs and crashes I keep hearing about from everybody. because I really want to play the game but if its this buggy I will wait until its solved.

this game is way less then what tft offered… Less servers… less features… there’s aboslutely zero reason to buy this game. They should be offering it for free. I’d wait until they do so

2 Likes

Let us be realistic here for a moment, do you honestly believe they are going to give a game away for free? The most likely thing to happen is that they will try and fix this somehow or remove it completely from the battle.net app and accept their losses on a failure at least that seems more likely to me then giving it away for free, so no i will not wait for that I will wait and see if they fix there game and otherwise i will not buy it at all.

considering the quality of this game yes. 30 dollars for this garbage is a joke. They can try and make money off skins like many other games.

If i was a new player and didn’t have any nostalgic reasons to play this game. I’d refund immediately and play a free to play game instead. This is PC gaming. there are way too many games to play to pay to play this crap

2 Likes

Do not get me wrong here i do not disagree with you the game right now as far as i gathered information is not doing well at all. So yeah people will more likely find some old version on the internet to play this or play different games and even if they do remove this game they still have many other games to keep them going as a busines. so yeah again i see no point in giving this game away for free…

the customer base is very petty. If i was interested in buying diablo 2 remaster (I’m not) i would look at their past remasters and quickly decide not too. It’s in blizzards best interest to restore confidence in it’s customers. fixing this game and improving their image should be vital to them if they want their future remasters and possibly Diablo 4 to succeed. Considering they absolutely cannot fix this game as it’s a complete disaster they’re best course is for multi million dollar company Activision to restore faith in it’s PC community by releasing this for free

1 Like

Yes, buy this game. The settings you will be able to comfortably run will of course depend on your machine. Classic is still classic and Reforged graphics are awesome if you have the rig to run them at 60+ fps.

Have not played the Reforged campaign but I have over 1500 BNet ladder games and I have not seen any issues lately. I can’t remember the last disconnect I had. BNet ladder and clans will be back soon. Come on in, the water’s fine!

We have no doubts that they are going to fix the bugs, but the real problem is that they will never “fix” things they don’t even recognize them as bugs.
Example: the User Interface.
Recognized problems (bugs):
the chat did not autoscroll, then they fixed it.
Not recognized problems (features):
the blizzard browser cannot be configured. For some of us it reverts to software rendering, making the whole interface running around 3-4 fps with additional freezes. It is designed like that.
Missing bnet and game joining messages. You never know what your friends are doing for organizing custom games. They call it “bnet 2.0”
Cluttered interface with overlapping frames. It is designed like that.
Unintuitive left click/right click for additional commands. Designed like that.
There is still people asking “how I go back to lobby chat after whisper?”. There is no help anymore, they decided it wasn’t worth to explain people how their chat system works (remember the old battlenet had everything).
And the list goes on and on and on according to other players. And this is just the UI… now imagine the network layer, the graphic, the total lack of any community feature and the rest…

The real problems are 2:

1. They will never recognize problems that are not plain bugs, but simple errors in game development.
  2. People are not saying “hey look, that game has it, why don’t we have it too?”. People is simple asking why they cannot keep what they HAD ALREADY (and paid) before.

Since years people asked for a simple thing:
A reconnection button (and maybe the possibility to whisper to the whole clan, we really needed it^^). They “reworked” all the hosting forcing people to host via their proxy, but, no reconnection button? Seriously? In 2020?

I have spent 40 for the collector edition of wc3 many years ago and never regret any cent of it for the fun and the quality of the game and dragged to this game many people.
Now? 30 dollars? you can spend them in better ways.
Ask you a simple question:
Even if they, in a remote day, deliver (they say deliver but the correct word is “restore”) all the promised (basic) features, what quality will they reflect? The old game? Or the “outstanding” new one?

So grab your old cd keys and try it yourself. Then, when you think it’s fixed enough, maybe buy the reforged graphic…

2 Likes