"Match found!" - CRASH

I also have join bugs, occasional disconnects, and ping issues. No FPS issues or crashing though.

How hard is this to patch this with a small hotfix?
If you can not do this, just make it so we can exit matchmaking search at all time, so when we bug we do NOT HAVE TO RESTART OUR GAME EVERY TIME?!

HOW HARD IS IT BLIZZARD??? HMMMM???
HOW HARRRD?!

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Eye

1 Like

about 10 -15 % looses due to this crashes. You can check it:

http://profile.w3booster.com/

The bug occurs about 30% of the time We did the math. However, the joinbug assigns a win or loss randomly. So it will pull you towards 50% stats.

1 Like

sometimes even count as 2 losses. dunno what is going on their minds

We are aware of the issue with the matchmaking where it states “Match Found” and doesn’t start or gets stuck. This has been reproducible on our end and we are working on a resolution.

Thank you for your reports, everyone! I’ll follow up whenever more details are available.

4 Likes

OMG
I can’t believe that someone actually responded about this.
It’s been 5 months with no answer.

3 Likes

Thank you sooooo mutch.

I tryed everything: disablin anti virus, exception to windows firewall, open ports like old wc3…spend hours googling this…and nothing helped.

Really, Really, REALLY hope you can fix this!

It is hard because when you fix one problem you want to make sure your not causes others down the road. My guess is that they cant replicate the issue on their end to figure out what is causing it.

I really don’t understand why they took the decision to make BNET 2 from scratch instead of building from the 1.0 (like for SC:R).

Most of the bugs of W3:R come from this decision: join bug, framerate, 400ping, lack of profile, etc. all are traces that they put BNET 1 in the trash can and tried to re-do it from zero. Always a poor design decision… and it shows once again.

2 Likes

Almost a month after release and it’s still an anomaly when queueing actually leads to a game. Instead we get ten forced game restarts in a two hour session.

Not to mention when you do get a game, there’s the constant risk of desyncs, or having up to 400 ping. The map Banewood Bog has a 100% desync chance in many players’ experience. People can barely simply play the game.

With mobas being so popular, the originator had (or maybe still has) a real shot at captivating large amounts of (new) players, had it been given the attention it deserves. A shame.

1 Like

Not to be obnoxious about it; but just to be obnoxious about it: when?
Or can we at least get an operationalized briefing on what ‘patching aggressively’ means. Blizzard seems to have an entirely different perception of what that means compared to the rest of humanity.

I’m kinda fed up with losing 30% of my games simply because it won’t even join the F-ing game. And then in 25% of the cases when it does it can alt QQ because of latency issues. Luckily, in the other 75% of the cases I have some opponent that leave because of the latency. Do the match; out of every 100 games I queue; I factually play 35 of them. That means we have a 65% issue rate for playing games.

How this will affect the pre-season for ranking, I presume, is evident. I know I’m anecdote in this. And so are my friends, and clanmates, and the hundreds, if not thousands, of posts on this forum, and the tsunami of complaints in the general chat on bnet.

Literally everyone is waiting for this aggressive patching.

Hey, Kiezel! There’s no ETA on when this may be fixed, but I am monitoring this thread and our updates on the situation. I’ll keep you posted on here when we expect a resolution to this issue.

It’s a frustrating situation with this causing a loss in-game at no fault of your own. This is impacting a lot of players, and our team is working on this issue to push out a fix to everyone.

While at times, we address bugs that are a known issue that are technical, we may not be able to address concerns within the game such as how this may impact the pre-season ranking. The technical support forums are intended for technical issues that can be resolved through troubleshooting. The #general-discussion forums is the appropriate place for feedback and discussions, in case our team or community managers may be able to address these questions or concerns.

Title says it all folks, this is what i did.
Click versus
4v4
Random
Matchmake
20s (Found)
2m later
5m later
Attempt click to cancel
ignored
10m later
???

It is a know issue. Close W3 and try again. Blizzard is aware of the issue, can replicate it and despite having known this from day 1; still has not hotfixed it.

Not every bug can be instantly replicated internally. It may have taken time to discover the conditions that cause the crash on their end. Now that they have found them, they have been able to start investigating it for a fix.

And yet, it is not fixed. An issue that literally causes people to get losses without even playing a game. It should not have been there to begin with.

That’s simply unreasonable thinking. Everyone believing that the bug that affects them should have never be there would mean the game would have be completely bug free, which as we know is unreasonable.

It is impossible to preemptively account for every single environmental variable ahead of time. There’s a reason why the fundamental adage “The only true test is production” exists in the IT world.

Joinbugs occured like 3% in TFT. There is literally no single game that has a joinbug rate of 30%; which we do. We got the data on it. It is getting worse. We made a thread on this with data and specific time stamps. Joinbug rates where 21% overall, but over the last week measured it was 29%; before that 19%. The weeked after we measured 31% issues.

I do not expect a 100% success rate. But currently, 30% is joinbugs. So 70% of the games I play. But out of those 70%; I have 25% who alt QQ due to ping. I have to do the same in another 25%. So out of 100 games queued. I have 35 playable games. That is a 65% rate. How is expecting a <95% unreasonable. Like it was in the TFT client. Or any other game?