Massive lag spikes constantly

So before i get the whole its your internet you have crap internet nonsense, i will say that with all other blizzard games i get perfect 50-80 ms ping, no problems with my internet and wc3 is still playable just very annoying to get some massive lag spikes and constant jittery lag, i know its not the game and it is a ping issue as i can play campaign perfectly with no lag, i have seen other players complain about the 150 minimum ms as i am experiencing. I even went so far as to test my ping just to make sure im not getting random lag spikes from my internet as i use xfinity on demand wifi, my ping tested at 42ms with us east servers and like 90 ms with us west servers. I do not understand why i am getting these high ping issues in wc3 it really taints the experience and i want so bad for a fix for this because i really enjoy the game and the new graphics even though its basiclly just a reskin its very nostalgic for me as i started playing wc3 when i was 12. Is there any kind of fix for this? I was experiencing the same issue in the beta and was hoping witht he release it would be fixed. Every game i ask the other player are you getting this ping jitter lag too? and 50% say no it is smooth and the other 50% say it is laggy. Please either help me or come out with a patch for this… :frowning:

3 Likes

Blizzard has known about that problem since November and never fixed it sadly which is why I refunded. The issue is particularly effecting AMD users(but not only amd) Issue was reported by tons of players from November 2019 was seen and Blizzard said they’d fix it prior to launch and never did. If anyone see’s a patch with a fix for this specific issue please @me on here if u see it later cause I still want this game but after seeing it reported in November and a promise to fix it by launch not happen I just didn’t have much faith so I refunded but if the game works and this gets fixed i’d probably buy it again despite hating blizzard for being scumbags. ty

It was briefly fixed in the beta, but they rebroke it since and never fixed it again.

1 Like

lol wow… yeah i have a I7 so its just a broken A** game apparently.

1 Like

Hi i got the same , i play warcraft and still lagging and freezing my game like 4 and 5 seconds, and i have a good computer Asus i7 with 1050ti and 16gb ram , and still doesn’t run right it keep freezing my games and custom games… and i have 160megabytes of internet i used with ethernet connected, please let me know what i can do?

1 Like

not only does it freeze but then kicks me out of my own custom game. message at the bottom of score screen says “I left (name of map)” yeah like I wanted to quit my own map that I started for 3 minutes and decided to leave. wtf blizzard!?

1 Like

Is Blizzard going to fix this problem? I get mad freeze time in game the second someone with a korean name joins the server, so i think it’s linked to the contintentserver.

Im lagging super hard too since i got a NEW UPGRADED ROUTER!

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.