Maps that are loaded in the 1.33 PTR World Editor crash

When reopened in 1.32 World Editor

As well as importing object data from 1.33 to 1.32

5 Likes

I would expect things from a future version opened in a past version to crash. That’s not a bug with any relevance because you can only go backwards in time from the PTR to live. Once the patch releases, that won’t be possible anymore.

1 Like

This is not a bug.

1 Like

it’s not supposed to work?

No, as 1.33 contains new natives/data that is not available in 1.32.

1 Like

this is ridiculous how are new natives/data supposed to make older maps not work?

maps made on older versions working in new versions has been a thing for decades, even 1.31 maps are openable in reforged so why would it stop working now?

Well…
1.31 maps are openable in REF editor, because REF is 1.32 version.
You cannot open 1.31 or 1.32 map on 1.26 editor, without special downgrade things.

1 Like

That’s not what this thread is about.

1 Like

My map better work!

Please re-read the original post. Opening a map in an editor version that’s older than the one it was most recently saved in should not be expected to work.

2 Likes

I see, I must’ve missed them

But dude was just doing terraining, I don’t think he was doing triggers or scripts that had to do with the natives/data or other jargons

1.33 maps should not be openable in 1.32, so this is not a bug. There are changes to the main files like war3map.w3* object modifications that prevent this and this is good as it happened because of extra data added to these files.