Map editor missing? (solved, check replies for help)

i cant find it anywhere even in the program files section (yes including x86 one) its just not on my pc at all ever since the new update!!. anyone able to shed some light on this? only found out because i had an idea i wanted to try out only to find i cant do that now and the editor is about the biggest reason i still play this game :confused: yes i even uninstalled and reinstalled and no its still not there. give us back legacy WC3 at this point all these devs have done to “help” is screw the game up! if anyone is able to perhaps give me a copy file of the legacy game id gladly take it. i do have a legacy version on my better pc but its unable to start due to fried psu

1 Like

you should look not in program files/x86 but in warcraft III/x86 or x86_64

and where might that be located? i ran a search on the pc and nothing came up so that doesnt seem to exist

for me it’s in warcraft installation folder in subfolders so like D:/games/warcraft III/x86_64(x86)/World Editor.exe

did a search of the entire pc and it came up with the result finally, when i opened file location it took me to where you said (i was honestly confused as hell) but why the hell is it in such an obscure folder??? regardless thanks for the assistance hopefully this helps other people

I have no idea. I was as confused as you are. Found it by accident.

1 Like

now the real question is, where do i actually go to save the maps? im trying to find the maps folder but thats gone too?

Well, after 1.31 hit my maps remained where they were on a drive in warcfat III/maps. But I think in order to make them show up in game you need to put your map into documents/warcraft III/maps which is entirely stupid because document in my case located on my ssd which is a system drive and has only 256 gb insted of my non-system hdd where my game folder is 1000 gb and I try to keep it as clean as possible but blizz forces me to keep maps there.

yeah i legit only just this minute found that out by accident…i dont know why the devs thought changing everything around like that was a smart idea…it was much better as it was in my opinion. hopefully others who have the same trouble will see this so they can get the answers they need. but seriously? the DOCUMENTS section??? just why…

1 Like