[Main Thread] 1.33 game will no longer launch on mac

@jambrix It’s been about a day since you’ve posted this. No issues resolved. Any updates?

we all deserve it for buying a Mac

that’s irrelevant. I paid for a game and it worked two days ago.

2 Likes

oh, you’re one of “those” peeps

so are you, an apple idiot. takes one to know one.

may I offer you a 60$ dongle in these trying times?

this thread is about people wanting to play a game which isn’t working not about peoples opinions on apple, noone cares.

2 Likes

One year in jail thinking what is the best combination of army. Finally back to home and “oops” not today. Win7 64 bit same issue.

2 Likes

we all need to repent and feel bad for it.

at least you got the fast-food meal

"Hello,

After the new patch on Wednesday, the Warcraft III game would no longer launch on my computer. I would see the lion gate door, and then I would get a crash popup. I did not have this problem on Patch 1.32 – only after the upgrade to Patch 1.33.

I tried nuking the contents of C:\Program Files\Warcraft III and then allowing the Battle.net Launcher to download the entire game all over again for a clean install, but the issue persisted.

Then, I messaged with some users on the Hive Workshop and we determined that the crash is coming from campaign progress. Apparently, the problem is that until I remove the files located in Documents/Warcraft III/BattleNet the game will not launch.

So, my issue has been resolved essentially but I cannot imagine that I will be the only user to face this issue. So, I am reporting here for other users that if you get stuck where you see the lion gate doors, then immediately a crash… Then you may be able to fix your issue by removing the folder mentioned above. Of course, if you do, it will reset your campaign progress – but you will be able to play the game again.

Thanks all"

just saw this in another thread. gonna try and figure it out

Same problem here Mac 2012 High Sierra 10.13.6, i was playing nice and smooth before the patch.

1 Like

Blizz, I’m going full on Oliver Twist over here.

1 Like

would be nice if Customer Support @jambrix atleast said we’re continuing to try and solve the problem, bought this game two months ago for 29 dollars and now I can’t even start it.

2 Likes

I bought it just a week ago and by now there are more days when the game didn’t work than those when it did. Last week I was so eager and thrilled for the game, but now all that’s left is frustration. Customer support doesn’t even see the necessity to keep us updated.

1 Like

seriously, some feedback and updates on the situation would be great

I’ve submitted a ticket, hopefully I can get some feedback or a solution because I’ve been trying every which way and nothing is helping.

Appears blizzard would rather not update us and remain in the dark. I asked for an update 48+ hours ago

1 Like

hi - first forum post in a decade if not much longer, but yes, same issue. Just as this thread describes. Starts up, then disappears, game never loads

1 Like

Hey all,

Our Warcraft 3 and QA teams continue to investigate this issue and we are attempting to collect more data in order to narrow down what might be causing this.

We will note that not all Mac users are affected by the launching issue, as some are still able to launch the game and play. We are working to try and narrow things down and determine if there’s any similarity between users that are running into the problem.

If anyone would like to give these steps a try and report back, it would be appreciated:

1. From the desktop or finder window, press Command+Shift+G
  2. Enter ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/
  3. Locate the Warcraft III folder and move it to the desktop
  4. Attempt to launch the game again via the Play button in the Battle.net app

*If the game does not launch feel free to go back in and delete the new Warcraft III folder (if it was recreated). Then move the original Warcraft III folder back in from desktop.

Lastly, if you haven’t already please share your Mac model (hardware) and which macOS version you’re using so we can collect that. Thank you everyone that has already shared that info. We will provide further updates as we get them.

3 Likes

followed your instructions to the letter and still am having issues with it, thanks for the feedback.