Main Menu Lagg

Hi,

WC3 ingame performance for me is not a problem. I am currently running the game between 80-190 fps depending if I use Classic or Reforged graphics.

However, the main menus run very poorly. When I change/navigate the menues it feels like 10-15 fps. When the dropdown main menu comes down after a game it runs really poorly.

I am watching other people streams and they don’t seem to be having this issue. Their main menu runs smoothly.

Is there any known fix for this issue?? I have a strong computer so is not a graphic card or processor issue.

Thank you

3 Likes

Heya hobbits,

Does the same behavior happen in both Windowed Fullscreen and Fullscreen modes?

yes, at least to me. I would like to note that a couple of patchs ago, this wasn’t happening. The menus were smooth. After the last two patches, the main menu performance is bad.

Hey there HoBBiT,

Given that information, lets go ahead and grab a DxDiag so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Hi,

I have other post open but it doesn’t let me to reply on it.

this is the original post ‘’ Hi,

WC3 ingame performance for me is not a problem. I am currently running the game between 80-190 fps depending if I use Classic or Reforged graphics.

However, the main menus run very poorly. When I change/navigate the menues it feels like 10-15 fps. When the dropdown main menu comes down after a game it runs really poorly.

I am watching other people streams and they don’t seem to be having this issue. Their main menu runs smoothly.

Is there any known fix for this issue?? I have a strong computer so is not a graphic card or processor issue.

Thank you’’

and this is my answer to your request about the DX Diag after you asked me if it happens in windowed and full screen.

I couldn’t paste the result here due to max number of characters. I used pastebin.

DxDiag here pastebin(dot)com/rj4yTPv4

Please give me any updates if you have them

1 Like

I also have the same issue, I’m running it on W10 menu lags when I set the resolution 1920x1080 so I use 1280x720. I don’t have lag for now. But they should look why 1920x1080 setting cause menu lags

Hey, HoBBiT! Thanks for the DxDiag. There’s been other reports of Low FPS on the Menu or WebUI elements in-game, here’s the main thread for this.

There was a known issue with 1440p and above resolutions, but I have been seeing reports with 1080p resolutions as well. We’re gathering information on this to escalate over to our team and you are not the only one experiencing this problem. Any new information or updates will be made on the main thread.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Extremely low FPS on menus