Low FPS warcraft 3

since the latest patch (1.31), i have problems with very low fps.
i tried everything that was recommended in other forums by mods and other people, like: > -windowmode fullscreen -graphicsapi Direct3D9.
but nothing works for me.

before the update everything worked perfectly!

can someone please help me?

1 Like

Check if your pc supports the resolution settled in options, lower it if needed, then test one command at a time. Just use -graphicsapi Direct3D9 at the end of the shortcut properties path and see how it goes, then try to put it on windowed mode. Other commands like -graphicsapi OpenGL may help too if -graphicsapi Direct3D9 doesn’t. Tell us your hardware config for a better help.

i do not know what your specs is and as such, you need to post them for me to be able to help you.

I have experienced this issue aswell, I currently have an open ticket. The fix suggested by Gelinho is the same response i got from the first GM to reply to my ticket, this didnt fix my issue. It may not fix yours if you are trying this either. Also it does seem to be directly effected by this patch, 1.31. And the issue isnt directly related to just release version it also persists on the PTR, as the 2nd response to my ticket was to test the PTR and see if the issue persists, in which it does.

i tried each at a time, but it didnt work.
specs of my laptop: asus r704a

-Intel Celeron 1000M
-CPU intelcore i5
-4GB RAM

i know its not the best laptop on the market, but wc3 runned perfectly before update.

an integrated gpu is not optimal for gaming. r704a is your motherboard it seems(at least that is what my search gave me). it does not support dedicated gpus. which cpu do you have, i5 or celeron 1000m? it runs well on my intel HD 4600 however and as such, there might be a solution. what graphics settings are you using?

The GM has resolved my Issue that you experiencing using this Method "Use the new .exe, that is in x86_64 folder, create shortcut of it and also add “-windowmode fullscreen -graphicsapi Direct3D9” (without the quotations) just after the quotations of the .exe in the “Target” Field.

2 Likes

i tried everything low, and shadows on off and Vsync off

1 Like

1.31.0 Patch lags? - #13 by Ibaraius read the blue post by Ibaraius

it does not lag for me. i do have very powerful hardware however but, it does not lag on my laptop either even on the intel hd 4600. that suggests that your problem is related to something else. you could check power settings.

Hello Folks,

hope you can help me. I just bought a new laptop, an Acer Aspire 5:

• Intel Core i5-8265U
  • NVIDIA Geforce MX150 with 2 GB VRAM
  • 8 GB DDR4
  • 256 GB PCIe NVMe SSD

Of course, it’s not a high-end device but I just checked the requirements for Wc3 reforged and the laptop should fit in, I suppose.
Can you tell me if I’m right or wrong?

Actual I can play wc3 reforged with lowest settings with about 7-10 fps. So, it’s kinda unplayable for me atm. I have tried all suggestions from this topic, but nothing helped.

Maybe the hardware from my laptop is not enough? So that could be a valid answer as well?

Thank you in advance!

I installed the game today on my new game laptop. I7 9750H with a gtx 1650 and 16 gig ram. Game ran on max 35 fps in battles went down to 25. Could try anything. Low settings didnt matter, low reso didnt matter. Vsync, etc tried EVERYTHING. Strange thing was, that lowering the graphics to the lowest reso only gave me like 3-4 fps more. Same for lowering the settings to low etc.

Was playing downstairs on my laptop screen. After my girlfriend went to sleep i went upstairs where i hook my laptop to a big screen with a hdmi cable. Strange things happen, same settings only a screen attached to it and a internet cable and suddenly it runs on a 90-100 fps with 30 fps on BIG 4vs4 battles. So there is definetly something wrong in the code somewhere. It almost looks like it will only go “unleashed” if you have a external screen to it.

1 Like

That did the trick for me!