Losing campaign progress

Did anyone else lost their campaign progress in original warcraft mode? Is there a way I can get it back?

I checked last night and for the first time since release I didn’t lose it due to a patch.

There are reports of crashes and freezes corrupting the campaign tracking files. Typically when you have to force shutdown the computer/force close the game.

I’ve been backing up my progress periodically just in case.

Also as a side note that may not be relevant here, the Classic and Reforged campaigns are tracked separately. So they won’t match each other.

1 Like

This is like the 4th time i lost progress and I never lost it on the Old Warcraft 3. I didn’t get crashes nor freezes but I am losing progress after a patch comes out

If you want to try backing it up periodically, you can try the steps here.

Hopfully it’s just a matter of the progress being lost, and not that the progress files are invalidated (like the game save files are).

When I get home tonight, I’ll copy my backups in and see if the game accepts them.

EDIT: I deleted the existing campaign tracking files, checked to see that it was reset, and then copied the back up files in. When opening the campaign section of the game, the progress was still present.