Still crashes quite often. Not nearly as bad as it was a few months ago, but still get random disconnect out of the blue. It makes me thinks it’s an issue with their servers because usually when I do disconnect, I’ll get disconnected multiple times that day and just quit playing for a couple days. Don’t have this problem with any other game.
Hey there Levicarus! Let’s go ahead and have you run a WinMTR network test while the problem occurs in-game so that we can further investigate what’s causing those disconnects. Here are the instructions:
- Download the tool from this page
- Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
- Start the test and play the game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure a disconnect happens while the WinMTR tool is running.
- After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
- Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here
If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).
Isn’t that something YOU should be doing, rather than have someone else do that job for you?
@OverClocked, This connection test will show us the connection route from the computer over to our servers. While our teams have many tools available, the connection routing is not something we can directly gather. We have no way to do that on our end, since we do not have direct access to the computer or home network where the disconnections occur.
As technical support, we are not the engineers or developers of the game. We offer troubleshooting and may request data about the system or connection so that we can get a better understanding of the issue. We do still have many tools available to us, but depending on the game, the data can be very limited, which is why we request information here on the forums.
Hopefully, this clears up some concerns. If you are experiencing any connection issues, the requested WinMTR test above will be helpful! I recommend to start your own thread though, since troubleshooting multiple issues on one thread can get a bit daunting and confusing.
A post was split to a new topic: Grooom - Disconnections