Legacy Accounts

I’m aware this was intended to be integrated into the new system, but has anyone even gotten feedback that it worked? Mine says it’s none existent and I’m a little mad about that.

15 years gone…

1 Like

This is one of those things where nobody can reply because nobody knows anything. As far as I know:

1. There is an option on the Reforged menu to link a classic account
  2. After using it, there is almost no feedback that it worked that I am aware of but it deletes the classic account after the first time and so it fails after the first time you enter data in the link account UI option
  3. Some customer service reps in a thread on this site answered a bunch of people who asked telling them on a case by case basis that some of their accounts were indeed “linked” (although only the reps could tell, the players cant tell since nothing in the game tells us)
  4. The rule that you must log in the account every 3 months was not lifted during Reforged Beta nor after release, so by now if someone wants to link their account it was deleted internally.
  5. In roughly summer 2019 the Reign of Chaos Battlenet was taken offline so all Reign of Chaos (pre Frozen Throne) battlenet win/loss records are lost due to developer negligence. Or, in other words, keeping that data was not financially viable and was deemed a waste of time as far as I know, probably nobody even thought of it.
  6. After I tried to link my account Reforged changed my player avatar icon to the icon equivalent to what my classic account had held. This happened about one or two weeks after I linked the account. My icon was changed but I was not given credit for my wins on the old servers, so as soon as I got curious and manually changed my player icon on the Reforged collections tab I was never able to change it back to the icon that I believed was unlocked due to linking my classic account. Nothing in the game told me that I had that icon because of the link. During beta Reforged was just broken and gave random icons to everyone; for all I know that was still happening.

I think this is all the info we are going to get. Presumably the developers are rich and wealthy enough that they do not have classic accounts on this game because they spend their time benefitting themselves in life and being smart. And maybe they might just figure if you are emotionally attached to your old win/loss history that you need to get a life. I know that’s harsh, but if they did not want to be harsh like that to you, they probably would have created a game experience that indicated more that they cared about any of this.

3 Likes