LAN games not showing up in games list

Recently, games created in LAN mode don’t seem to populate for the other clients on the network. This used to work without issue so something must have changed in a recent patch.

Essentially, with everyone offline and in the “Local Area Network” mode of the game, when a game is created it doesn’t appear to the rest of the game clients. Clicking the button that looks like a refresh icon does nothing. I’ve even left the lobby sitting open for 5-10 mins and they still can’t be seen by the others on the network.

Very rarely, it does show up (I can’t figure out what sequence of actions makes it appear). When it does, everything works fine going forward: can join, pick races, start game, play it out like normal. It’s just that initial ‘discovery’ phase that doesn’t work properly anymore.

The reverse is true too: when a game does show up on that rare occasion, closing the lobby doesn’t remove the game from the rest of the clients. So even though it doesn’t exist anymore, it still looks like it is.

Here’s another thread on it:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/lan-connecting-on-the-same-account/23496

Update.

I found a sequence of events to make created games appear.

1. Computer A creates the game to be played.
  2. Computer B creates a game. Any game will do, it doesn’t matter.
  3. Computer B quits out of the lobby.
  4. Upon Computer B’s return to the game list, Computer A’s game appears in Computer B’s list.

EDIT: While typing this post, the game in Computer B’s list turned gray. When I tried to join it, it said the game doesn’t exist anymore. But it does indeed still exist: the lobby is still open on Computer A. So there’s not much time to join before the opportunity is lost.

Just a follow up. This is still happening in 1.32.6.

I am having the exact same problem. Everything you described is the exactly what I am experience. Including your sequence on how to get the match to populate but it never works.