Lag during game

Hi, I need an advice for Warcraft 3. After the 20th minute of playing DOTA every time when there’s a battle I have lag and more than 600 ping and I see only pictures till battle ends and after it the ping goes down again. I have checked my PC and everything seems good, my internet also is not an issue(playing from England in Europe server). So is there anyone who has the same issue, I would appreciate an advice. Thank you in advance

The in game ping display seems to be affected by performance… it almost seems to be some weird combination of actual ping and FPS or something. IDK its just not very accurate.

How current of a PC are you playing on? Is it just DOTA that’s giving you trouble?

My PC is with intel core i7-8700k, Gigabyte GeForce gtx 1080 and motherboard ROG Strix Z-370-E and I believe is more than enough to play WC3. I also play some TD games like Legion and TTW and also have big ping some times but still is playable unlike when I play dota during battles I see only pictures.

Are you the only one experiencing lags during these games ?
There are scores of cheated versions of DotA (which are also bugged) uploaded to Battle.net. Maybe they are the reason for your problem.
Delete all maps you have downloaded from Battle.net so far (you’ll find them in your Documents/Warcraft III directory) and download the latest official map (6.86.25) from the Battle.net DotA community FirstbloodGaming. Join their discord server https://discord.gg/hDKgWKy and go to the #homepage channel where you’ll find the download link.
You should never download maps from some arbitrary host but rather always download the latest versions from their server.
If this doesn’t fix your problem you could also ask there for help. They have lots of DotA players with plenty of gaming and trouble-shooting experience.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.