Just revert it for the sake of people at home

Since many game companies are trying to help people stuck at home giving some free content and stuff like that.
Why don’t you just ERASE all this… (sorry can’t find a better word to describe what you did, but you can image something), REVERT it all back and give the possibility to everyone to PLAY the game as it always worked?
It means WITH all the removed features, WITHOUT lags, WITHOUT disconnections, WITHOUT freezing spikes, WITHOUT bugs, WITHOUT graphical glitches and so on.
It would be seriously a nice gift to all the players in these days.
There is no new ladder or anything so new players wont lose anything.
Just revert and cut this… (same word as before) of endless patches that break the game even more.
3 months and still no decent network layer? Are you joking?
Come on Blizzard (?), try to be nice.

25 Likes

You can still get classic Warcraft 3 working. You just need to do a little digging.

False information. none of the workarounds available are equal to proper classic client restoration. stop advertising false information.

The cry for the return of classic equals to full restoration of the vanilla clients in 1.31.1 patch (pre Reforged). we don’t care about waiting for them to fix things, we want our fun right now, and they took our fun away from us by releasing a broken product that is objectively worse then its previous version, then they’re telling us to wait, you’re telling me to wait. i don’t want to wait. i want what i had before right now.

Its like i order a Pizza and it opens and says sorry, these are the things you need to make one yourself, good luck!!.

BRING BACK ME PIZZA. AND STOP ADVERTISING FALSE INFORMATION.

14 Likes

except when you mix the ingredients they revert to the previous nonsense every time you finish to bake it. Have you noticed that every time you launch the game?
Remember when you can basically tweak and configure everything?
And the same applied to Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo?
Ah… the good old Blizzard times when game were meant to be played…

2 Likes

So a video game should be one of the least prioritized things.

1 Like

We are forsaken…

1 Like

Yes and no. Yes, because it is possible to play the classic game with other people and no, because there’s practically no one playing.

Also, neither the PTR bnet nor the “Unforged” version work for me any more.

I don’t want to play at all until they fix the desyncs and the ping. Other things are important too, but I don’t want to put my time into a “will the game work?” kind of gamble.

Stop picturing this perfect multiplayer fantasy of the past. Battle.net before reforged had many problems too, high ping, broken modes and indeed the only modes that were working properly were custom games and 1x1. Tournaments broken, multiplayer campaigns broken, lan games were a pain to settle and 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 all broken. Arranged teams broken. Long queue times, it was even worse for tournaments. So no, the game has it’s problems now, but regarding multiplayer gameplay, it is far better now. Now we have few seconds of queue time, all modes working, easy to settle and to play.

1 Like

There really isn’t much that needs fixing that’s the thing… we just need a ladder and smooth menus and a non black and white background and the old sound effects so I know which unit died. Other than that I can tolerate the bad new team colours as long as they look good with upgraded graphics…

1 Like

We are never going to get a classic restoration. That is painfully obvious in how Blizzard has treated this release, and how they are reacting to fans criticism. They even have been deleting my posts explaining how to get the game as close to classic as possible.

So now we need to adapt. I have been playing online via the PTR all week. It still works. Sure it’s now 1.31.1, who cares, it works, it’s classic, and it’s only like one update behind.

If you want 1.31.1, download WC3Connect and play online using LAN.

Time to make your own solutions, because Blizzard does not care about us.

4 Likes

Blizzard is not going to fix this game. PTR works fine, I’ve been playing it with friends all week. Redownload it if you have too.

If that doesn’t work, try WC3Connect and play online with people via LAN. There are a lot of people playing and hosting on there.

I literally re-installed the game three different ways to make a video. They all work.

I played for years and never experienced any problem with high ping or modes.
Never played any tournament, but seriously what was the problem with setting lan games??? Never had any.
If you think that a silly and unintuitive interface is better than the original one… mah…

When you have finished your daily prioritized things what you DON’T need is to struggle with something that was once funny and relaxing.

3 Likes

You don’t need to. Other hobbies exist. Other video games exist. I understand the perspective but you’re also asking for them to roll back a lot of work (even if people don’t like the current result of said work) like it’s a snap of their fingers and not another project entirely.

And this workaround lets you play online and includes ranked and clans etc? Because if not, you probably shouldn’t call it a workaround for getting back to what people want.

Nah, it would be easy. They still have the code base and servers, so they could literally just add a button to the launcher and link it to the download and only allow it to be patched to where it was before reforged. Could do it in less than a week if they decided to, basically no development needed.

3 Likes

I happen to be enjoying this “catastrophe” you all speak of.

2 Likes

We are all glad that you don’t have any desync or lag or spike
your game may be asymptomatic^^

2 Likes

I didn’t say I didn’t experience any issues. I said that I am still enjoying the entire thing.

You don’t need to dwell on the problems from a game to find the spirit of it. If that’s what you want; then you’re not playing the game to unwind.
What I said was; that despite everything, it’s still an enjoyable experience.
People need to consider that this entire thing that blizzard is doing is a project. And just like any other project it takes time, patience and effort to get it to work. Whatever team they have to work on this; is likely doing everything in it’s power to bring this game back to the glory that it used to have or at least to tie it with what it was. Overall; these people are putting work into it and any other developer who walks into any community full of “angry” “ranty” “unconstructive” arguments. Doesn’t get motivated to hit their project hard. (This; is a personal statement, I left a previous development of a game because the beta testers all ranted instead of provided constructive criticism. I had worked there for 15 years. It gets tiring.)
Essentially, people need to cut them some slack, and understand. Otherwise this chain of perpetual incompletion will continue, because it’s the users who are taking away the motivation.

Personally; I’ve been playing the campaign on Hard with the few hours I have. I’ve had a blast more often than not. I find it more challenging than the original. And; I find the animation work that they put into the things fascinating, because while it’s not a cinematic. It is indeed something that you can see the work they put into. My custom games experience has had many disconnects, but it doesn’t hamper my enjoyment of the game. And every single ranked match I’ve had, has been a thrill, even if I lose or get DC’ed halfway through. I’m enjoying the fact that the work they put into this project has revived the sensation of the old game. It’s not perfect. But if you want something perfect now at days, you’re asking to go back in time to your youth.

2 Likes

The only problem here is that they are not working on a new project, in the beginning we all said take your time and come back when this game is finished.
The problem is they have destroyed something fully working and delivered this.
There was no reason to remove that at all. also of the few improvements that that old game required like the possibility to reconnect and so on, none of them has been implemented.
We cut them some slack for almost 20 years don’t you think?

Completely agree on that. It applies in any field it seems…

3 Likes

Custom Campaigns and the ability to use cheat codes in single player maps.