[Main Thread] Unable to install/play on EU - June/July 2023

I have the same issue with receiving the same error message “There Was An Error In Handling The Request”

Do you have any Updates on it ?

PS: Yes I am online when I am trying to open the game (tested on playing the other games I have on Blizzard account and no issue) - Yes I have the game Bought for more than 72 hours and also it was saying the payment was completed from the first hour since I bought it.

Can any of the Tech team have a look at this issue please :slight_smile: I really want to re-play this old game that brings back nostalgia of my childhood.

Thanks
LuciferTDA

Hi guys!

I’m Sitheral and here to help you today becuase Blizzard don’t give a damn and their support probably works for peanuts and doesn’t give a damn as well.

Add an authenticator to you account. You want 100% security checkup.
Should help, hope you have a fun time in Warcraft 3: Refunded!

You seem to misunderstand the purpose of the support forums.

None of the forums are direct lines to support (or to Bliz in general). They are intended as player to player help desks only, nothing more.

Yes, Bliz TS does reply occasionally when they have time, however it’s never required, thus not to be expected.

Direct one on one support is only available through the support ticket system. Which, btw, is a 24-hour service with GMs working around the clock. So, no, Sitheral, they do “give a damn”.

There’s no guarantee that Bliz will be by to check your situation. (See my post above this one.) You’ll want to submit a support ticket to get direct support. You can start that here:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/war3r/1563/1566/solution

Since my last post was deleted because reasons I guess, I though I’ll answer yours.

You assumed I talk about forums but I actually did a ticket and in this service I got response that I would safely mark as a template response. Which would be fine you know, if it actually contained the solution.

Of course often one problem can have multiple solutions, but this one is rather obvious, it is repeating itself at least for a month, probably longer but the thread I got an answer from was from may.

So I went here because you know, I care a little bit and wanted others to have something to try and get this thing they paid for to work, seeing the threads there is quite few of them. Added a bit sarcastic flavor, yes. But I don’t see how am I misunderstanding anything.

You may have understood the purpose of the forums, I can buy that. However, your presentation doesn’t come across that way with all the ‘Blizzard doesn’t give a damn’ drivel. That can lead people who don’t understand to believe that the forums are the official support contact points, resulting in them also believing that Bliz doesn’t care all because they don’t see Bliz consistently posting.

Regarding the problem, I’d be interested to know if simply changing one’s password would resolve it. Often times, doing anything that forces an account refresh fixes issues like this. A password reset is one of those things. I suspect that adding an authenticator does too; however, a password reset seems like a simpler, more familiar process for most people.

As for your “sarcastic flavor”, statements like “meaningless responses” and “clutter” are nothing of the sort. Instead, it borders on misinformation. And that was likely the “because reasons”.

Same problem here… Cant login in the game. tried everything i can do. Sooo sad D:
I lent my account to a friend and he managed to open the game normally. Seems to be something with my PC… idk

You don’t need to buy anything.

Well, of course they don’t care, need I remind you that we talk about game that is arguably biggest remaster disaster ever made?

Please tell me how saying “Oh you know, there is no guarantee that they will check it” isn’t meaningless in a topic with a problem that just had the exact solution dropped. You are silly.

Anyway, I just saw last blue post on this and it was exactly what it should be, so I’m gonna shut up now, enough is enough.

But I can.

Not because it was intended to be a disaster by those who were remaking it. Anyone who was around during the height of the classic game remaster endeavor knows full well that the teams cared a lot. The same team did SCR which turned out great. In other words, there was a lot of care.

Yes, due to out side circumstances development was forcefully stopped. I don’t know how much you hang around the various WC3R social media, but it has been getting updates in attempt to bring it up to par. That’s care. It’s convenient to forget/ignore that in order to maintain a ‘Bliz doesn’t care’ narrative. Perhaps I’m not the one that needs reminding.

So then you don’t actually understand how the forums are intended to operate.So back to square one: Because the author specifically asked for a Bliz SFA to look at their issue. Which is something, as I explained, isn’t to be expected or guaranteed because the forums are not official contact points with Support or with Blizzard in general. Only the ticket system is.

Same. It contained both of our ideas so we both should be good now. Funny how Bliz just did yet another thing that shows that they care.

Howdy!

We recently had a known issue during our recent sell that caused an increase of either:

• Players Missing Install Option In App
  • Login error “There was an error in handling the request”

The second issue has multiple sources, but the most common fix so far has been resetting the Battle.net account password for both.

Thank you.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Main Thread] - AMD Performance Issues - June/July 2023

Tried this. I reset my password but it still refuses to work. I sent a ticket. Cant believe this old bug is still around. Cant play the game i paid for.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to provide an update here. We have been investigating the issue of recent purchases/upgrade license, not allowing install/play from the Europe Service.

The investigation is ongoing but no ETA on a permanent solution if any of the troubleshooting tried here does not help. You are welcome to play another region just be aware that progress is not cross region and won’t carry back over to the Europe Service.

I don’t understand why would resetting password help? I changed my password and it didn’t help. Its that when you buy a game,you cant download it from the battle.net app and when you finally download it from the website, you can’t even play it. Awesome work :slight_smile:

Resetting the password does more than just resetting the password on the back end. they cite it as a fix for certain kinds of account issues becuase it does in fact fix them (Well, not all of them)

Bought WC3 20 years ago, Reforged about half a year ago. Since last week I can’t connect to European server anymore (“You’ve been disconnected from Battlenet” when I enter the main menu).

Tried everything described here:
article/99037

Tried everything described here:
solved-you-have-been-disconnected-from-blizzard-services/

Reinstalled the game, reinstalled Battlenet, deleted BN-Cache, changed PW - nothing working.

:frowning:

It’s being investigated, until it’s fixed, the only workaround is to connect to a different region unfortunately.

You can still play as normal (games are global) but your account profile for whatever dumb reason is region specific so if you play games on NA or Asia they won’t show up on your record on EU.

They need to fix it soon though, because people buying a game and not being able to play it at all or even install it reflects pretty badly. It really needs to be a top priority because even though this game isn’t that important to them (seemingly) it will make anyone who buys it less willing to buy any other of their products.

Who is investigating? Your team?

your sister in law

Cmon man do you have do be so facetious all the time?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.