I've been staring at this lion screen for the last years

Hello Blizzard,

I have been a lifetime player of WC3 and WC3:Reforged. About a year ago, WC3:Reforged would stop loading and all I would see is the lion screen.

Nothing has changed. Same computer, same internet connection, same ISP, same router.

I just want to play Castle Fight with the boys.

I have tried all the steps presented by Blizzard. I have tried all the steps on the forums and on reddit. I have deleted all the files, uninstalled, deleted registry, changed firewalls, deleted firewalls. I don’t run AV software. Regardless, nothing has changed about my computer other than windows updates. Nothing works.

How can something that worked fine before suddenly break.

My computer runs every other Blizzard game and Steam game fine. My friend’s 200 dollar Asus laptop runs this better than me. What gives?

Here is the log to my WinMTR: imgur dot com/a/udXXaK5

It seems to have a no response to host on the 15th hop. I have no idea what that means or how to fix it.

My Wifi card is a Realtek 8812BU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC with the latest drivers.

I’m having the same problem but it only happens to me when I try to run the game on Linux (Wine is working as if it were Windows 10)
On Native Windows I have Windows 8.1 but still, sometimes the game unexpectedly crashes very often, they really need to fix all this garbage

sameeeeee :frowning:

I’ve only ever experienced this when the server is actually down i.e. the PTR is offline.

Based on the statement about the connection being lost on a certain hop, you may be able to bypass it using a VPN or you can try connecting to a different gateway (custom games are global so it doesnt matter)

Howdy Street!

Generally, when stuck at the doors this comes down to a connection issue either the game client can’t reach our servers or is blocked.

This WinMTR is fine, certain nodes along the route won’t respond to ICMP which is what is used to run the test but the follow-up node does which means node 15 is fine. Given how long you have run into this issue I would recommend testing on another PC in the same home to narrow down if it’s the local connection or your PC. You said the game ran fine on a friend’s computer just not sure if you went to their house to test or if they came to yours. If you were at their house then we know the account is fine. You may also wish to test either on a VPN or while connected to a cellular hotspot to see if that makes any difference it can help narrow down the source to the local ISP connection vs the computer.

Report back your findings here.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.