Issue launching custom campaigns using the main menu

Summary.
Game crashes to desktop after clicking the custom campaign button after custom campaigns are downloaded and put in the correct folder, no error code was given other than “unexpected error”.

Reproduction steps:

• Download a custom campaign and launch the game.

• Click the “Custom Campaigns” button.

Additional details:

Warcraft 3 Reforged PTR (build: 1.35.0.19805)

I launched the game normally and wanted to test the custom campaign feature, it worked when I had not downloaded any custom campaigns; I could access the menu there obviously was not anything there. After downloading 2 custom campaigns however, clicking the custom campaign button instantly crashes the game (even after restarts). The custom campaigns themselves were extracted to the correct folder as requested by the game: Windows C: users/User (instead of real name I put in “user”)/documents/Warcraft3publictest//campaigns.

I have crash logs pulled up that I can attach for additional information. For reference, the campaigns I tried to download were the Re-reforged custom campaigns.

Also as a side note, upon the crash the game asked me to submit crash information, I did so but when I pressed the relaunch button in that window it opened the old version of the game (Frozen throne) and not Reforged.

Edit

After reinstalling the PTR build the game launched fine without anything in the campaign folder, after downloading 1 campaign and putting it in the folder the custom campaigns button worked but nothing was there when I clicked it. Additionally, all the sound disappeared in the menu and I could not exit the game without alt-tabbing out of it. I’ll do a third fresh install to see if it changes anything.

Update:

I installed other campaigns (after removing re-reforged) and they seem to work decently well there are still random crashes here and there though often when attacking enemies (no idea if its a campaign specific issue or a feature bug) Curse of The Forsaken in particular seems to work great for testing (make sure classic graphics are enabled though).